• Software
  • Glitching in VSTi mixer? (p.2)
2017/08/17 15:38:20
russellfincher
cclarryYou need to go to Focusrite and download the drivers for the 2i2
THOSE will solve your problem.  Chances are you using Windows driver,
(WMD - Windows Media Driver) which is very bad, and will cause the kind of problem you
are experiencing.

GremDid switching drivers solve the problem?

Unfortunately it did not. I installed the Focusrite driver (being very sure I got the right one since there is a generation 1 & 2 of that device). Verified it was installed in the Device Manager. A was unable to locate the Windows Media Driver in the Device Manager in hopes of maybe turning it off.

I'm almost ready just to deal with the visual glitch and get some work done. So far everything sounds fine and appears to work fine. I've installed the exact same setup on my laptop, with default settings all around and no additional drivers and I don't get this glitch. Maybe someday I'll do a fresh system install and see if that works.

Thanks for the help, guys.
2017/08/17 15:48:52
abacab
If there are no MIDI/audio issues, maybe a video driver is causing visual artifacts?
2017/08/17 20:40:10
scook
I do not have EZD2 to test but is it possible this is 32bit EZD2 running in 64bit SONAR Artist? Cannot tell from the images, the header details are not visible.

IIRC, running the original 32bit EZD in 64bit hosts was a problem.
2017/08/18 02:26:46
cclarry
russellfincher
cclarryYou need to go to Focusrite and download the drivers for the 2i2
THOSE will solve your problem.  Chances are you using Windows driver,
(WMD - Windows Media Driver) which is very bad, and will cause the kind of problem you
are experiencing.

GremDid switching drivers solve the problem?

Unfortunately it did not. I installed the Focusrite driver (being very sure I got the right one since there is a generation 1 & 2 of that device). Verified it was installed in the Device Manager. A was unable to locate the Windows Media Driver in the Device Manager in hopes of maybe turning it off.

I'm almost ready just to deal with the visual glitch and get some work done. So far everything sounds fine and appears to work fine. I've installed the exact same setup on my laptop, with default settings all around and no additional drivers and I don't get this glitch. Maybe someday I'll do a fresh system install and see if that works.

Thanks for the help, guys.

Also, did you go into Sonar and switch the Playback device in "Preferences" to the Focusrite driver?
If you didn't then it still may be defaulting to the WDM or another driver.

Go to "Edit" on the Sonar menu, and select "Preferences" and make sure the Focusrite USB 
Driver has been selected.  It could be still defaulting to the WDM or another driver.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account