2017/03/13 00:31:10
...wicked
Hey all, just updated RapPro and it once again re-pointed itself towards a directory where all the patch info is not. Is there a global option to re-direct it without reinstalling?

2017/03/13 02:42:07
promidi
Head over to the registry and look up the following key and look for the following: "SampleDataDir"

That should point to the location of the actual sample data

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software

Off the folder pointed to by the above key, the multisamples should be in a folder \Rapture Pro\Multisamples

For instance, my Rapture Pro multisamples are in a folder called "D:\Sonar resources\Rapture Pro\Multisamples\Rapture Pro\Multisamples" and my value in the above key is "D:\Sonar resources\Rapture Pro\Multisamples"

Hope that helps
2017/03/13 05:23:37
...wicked
Thanks man. It's a little much that this setting involves having to hack the registry as opposed to an "options" command from the synth itself. If you ask me. 
2017/03/13 15:00:37
AT
+1
2017/03/15 16:25:09
...wicked
I did my registry tweak as suggested. I now get this msg when RapPro is loaded:

Program: C:\Cakewalk Content\Rapture Pro\Programs\Default Program.prog
The following samples could not be loaded:
Element 1:
c:\cakewalk content\cakewalk sample data\rapture pro\multisamples\018 - saw ober.flac
Element 2:
d:\virtual instruments\rapture pro\multisamples\rapture pro\multisamples\009 - square ober.flac
Element 3:
d:\virtual instruments\rapture pro\multisamples\rapture pro\multisamples\009 - square ober.flac
Element 4:

Everything else seems to work so far, but I havent' gone patch-hunting yet to see if anything doesn't work.

2017/03/15 19:57:47
promidi
...wicked
I did my registry tweak as suggested. I now get this msg when RapPro is loaded:

Program: C:\Cakewalk Content\Rapture Pro\Programs\Default Program.prog
The following samples could not be loaded:
Element 1:
c:\cakewalk content\cakewalk sample data\rapture pro\multisamples\018 - saw ober.flac
Element 2:
Element 3:
Element 4:

Everything else seems to work so far, but I havent' gone patch-hunting yet to see if anything doesn't work.

You might have to move the multisamples to the new location..... 
2017/03/15 20:03:42
...wicked
That's the thing, they're already there. And a global search can't find that *.flac file. 

2017/03/16 02:09:39
promidi
I did a search for "018 - saw ober.flac" and that file definitely exists in my multisample folder.
2017/03/16 02:23:56
...wicked
Hrm. I wonder where mine is. Maybe I should re-install? 
2017/03/16 05:58:45
promidi
If you do, make sure you do a verbose install so you can see where it will put the content.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account