2017/03/16 20:29:48
...wicked
Please elaborate! How do I trigger a verbose install?

I've noticed doing more troubleshooting that RapPro's sample directories are all sorts of messed up. The only change I did was specify D:/Virtual Instruments/ as my data directory. It created Rapture Pro/Multisamples, which is as expected. But it ALSO created Rapture Pro/Multisamples/Rapture Pro/Multisamples and installed about half of the patch info into there. So to get my project on its feet I just copied the info, which means my directory now has two copies of various patches. Sigh.

2017/03/17 04:28:17
promidi
...wicked
Please elaborate! How do I trigger a verbose install?

I've noticed doing more troubleshooting that RapPro's sample directories are all sorts of messed up. The only change I did was specify D:/Virtual Instruments/ as my data directory. It created Rapture Pro/Multisamples, which is as expected. But it ALSO created Rapture Pro/Multisamples/Rapture Pro/Multisamples and installed about half of the patch info into there. So to get my project on its feet I just copied the info, which means my directory now has two copies of various patches. Sigh.

To do a verbose install from the Cakewalk Command Centre , Clink on the cog (top right) and select "Verbose install".  You should be shown the content location.

I just thought of another registry location that determines the Rapture classic and the Dimension Pro content locations.

Have a look in here. 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Rapture Pro\2.0

On my system the "Dim Multisamples Path" and "Rap Multisamples Path" are set to
D:\Sonar resources\Rapture Pro\Multisamples\Rapture Pro

Here again is my "SampleDataDir" value in the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software
D:\Sonar resources\Rapture Pro\Multisamples

2017/06/18 20:28:29
seriousfun
No matter how many uninstalls/reinstalls/verbose... this error, with 018 - saw ober.flac kept occurring. 

I made a dummy folder where it pointed C:/cakewalk content/cakewalk sample data/rapture pro/multisamples, copied the file, found on my Samples drive, and RP now loads without this error.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account