2014/10/09 15:36:52
MondoArt
I think it's great that you can show multiple MIDI tracks in the PRV, but what would be boss would be able to lock one or more of them so they can't be selected/edited, and have one always remain "on top" for visibility.
2014/10/10 07:32:44
Grem
So if I understand you, you are say that the trk you lock would stay on top?
2014/10/10 07:57:34
dcumpian
I think he is saying the the locked tracks are visible in PRV (just like they are now), but that the track selection doesn't change, even if you click on a note from a locked track. That way you can add the same note to the current track being edited without accidentally activating another track and then trying to figure out which note to click to get back to the track you meant to edit.

Regards,
Dan

2014/10/10 08:26:52
MondoArt
Yep, just what Dan said.  Like in Photoshop, you can control the visibility and editability of each layer.
2014/10/10 15:42:00
stevec
Voted.   I like it.

2014/10/10 17:10:34
FastBikerBoy

Yep, just what Dan said.  Like in Photoshop, you can control the visibility and editability of each layer.

I'm a little confused. Can't this be done already? Lock a track and it becomes impossible to edit. Click on a non-locked track and it's notes come to the top. Click on the Show/Hide track icon and its data disappears.

The only way I can make a locked track's notes come to the top is by clicking on the locked track's header in the track pane. Clicking on a locked track's notes doesn't do that. if the track is hidden I can't even see the data never mind edit it.

Visibility and edibility is already fully controllable, unless I'm mis-understanding something.
2014/10/10 17:14:47
Grem
What FBB said^^^^
2014/10/10 18:17:23
rtucker55
What would really be nice is if you could save the current status of track visibility or lock with the project so you don't have to re-set the track/s you were working with when you open the project back up.  I still can't believe this is not currently possible and it is a pita when working with several/multiple tracks.
2014/10/11 08:58:28
dcumpian

FastBikerBoy

I'm a little confused. Can't this be done already? Lock a track and it becomes impossible to edit. Click on a non-locked track and it's notes come to the top. Click on the Show/Hide track icon and its data disappears.

The only way I can make a locked track's notes come to the top is by clicking on the locked track's header in the track pane. Clicking on a locked track's notes doesn't do that. if the track is hidden I can't even see the data never mind edit it.

Visibility and edibility is already fully controllable, unless I'm mis-understanding something.

Well, I've never had the Track Pane open, so never even saw the lock icons. Learn something new everyday.

Regards,
Dan

2014/10/18 13:22:01
MondoArt
Never knew about the track pane.  Tried it last night and works great.  Thanks FBB!

Edit: then Cake should add a "Show track pane" option to the Pick Tracks menu or dialog.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account