2011/08/05 14:42:19
GlennKay
Greetings; I installed Z3ta+ Ver 2 last nite, and i absolutely love this synth.

I noticed that while using Ver 2 in standalone mode, certain presets were totally silent until i disabled some of the FX. For instance, in soft leads, Lush Notches FS has zero volume until Modulation is disabled, at which point it seems to play fine. Several other presets were also like this in Soft Leads.

I didn't have a chance to try these same presets in VST plugin mode, but i used Ver 2 alot inside Sonar last nite and this morning, and  i didn't notice any silent presets. Only in standalone mode, at least so far.

Anyone else notice this? I installed Ver 2 in x64 flavour. PC specs below.

Regards
Glenn
2011/08/05 18:12:08
Keebo
I get a MIDI error upon opening the standalone version and crashes every time I try to change MIDI inputs but in VST mode, I noticed at least a dozen presets were silent in the Pads 1 bank.  I haven't gone through all of the banks yet but I suspect there will be more silent presets found.

64 bit version here as well.
2011/08/05 23:14:56
DigitalArchivist
GlennKay and Keebo: Could be a glitch with your installations. I tried Lush Notches in standalone mode and it played fine with both the preview ribbon and through my MIDI keyboard. I also went through in standalone mode all the Pads presets between A and F (up to G). They all played fine, however, the volume levels on several were almost at zero when I tried them through my keyboard. They seemed to be louder through the preview ribbon. I'm also running Z3TA+ 2.0 in only the 64-bit version.
2011/08/25 05:01:22
Laughing Beagels
I must admit, I have a whole stack of silent presets too. (Using FL Studio 10) and was hoping for a more conclusive answer. Probably related, but a absolute "noob question" - Search as I might, I cannot find anywhere what the meanings are of the letters in the brackets in the presets - (eg (MW)(Velo)(Sync) etc, etc). I can take an educated guess at some of them, but was wondering if there was a list compiled anywhere? I was thinking that perhaps that might relate to the silent presets?? EDIT: I've since discovered that this is appears to be random. For example, I might use "Arp bubbling" (z3ta+ Classic Content>Arps) and it works fine. It then stops working for no apparent reason, I save and exit then fire up the program again, load the saved project and it works again. Very frustrating.
2011/08/28 01:10:05
Rasure
Having same issue here as mentioned here on cakewalk FB page
http://www.facebook.com/CakewalkInc/posts/10150286791417420
2011/08/29 00:13:54
guitarjam1
I too have noticed a few silent presets however, I think on some they are set to an arppegio and need to have the velocity raised to sound.

2011/08/29 08:23:12
qannaq
I have seen silent presets as well, not often, but it happens. Just by browsing through presets using the small arrows, suddenly there is a silent preset. Then clicking the arrow for next preset, there is sound again (in that preset of course). Then clicking the arrow for previous preset, and now it is NOT silent anymore. This is inside of Sonar with Z3ta inserted. Sonar X1c, win7 x64.
2011/08/30 15:34:28
Grumbleweed_
I'm another user who has problems with missing sounds. It all seems to be a bit random. I also get a pop up box stating that such and such isn't available and would I like it to retry (it's a bit like the pop up you get when you open something on a DVD/CD and then remove the disk but haven't shut the thing you opened down - the program tries to access the disk but it isn't there).

Roll on the correcting patch.

Grum.
2011/08/31 07:34:08
Grumbleweed_
Just to clarify the above problem:

I can reproduce the error I found. Boot up the 32 or 64 bit standalone versions, try to select the"Simulations" menu and I get the pop up which states:

There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk5\DR5.
Cancel     Try Again     Continue.

If I press Try Again two or three times it gets past this stage but choosing another patch can make it come up again.

It doesn't happen when using Sonar X1c.

Cakewalk are looking into this but I wonder if anyone else has the same problem.

Grum.
2011/09/04 21:57:26
coachpeople
It seemed there was nothing but love and beauty everything; fragrant summer air and the laughter of happy birds. Everything

listened to the singing larks in brooding thoughtlessness. Yea,even the horned snails lay stretched out on grey stones with

their houses on their backs.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account