2014/09/30 19:58:55
Dave Modisette
In the console view and the inspector view, there needs to be more than four sends visible at a time. Also the FX bin needs to be taller.
2014/09/30 20:22:48
Splat
> more than four sends visible at a time

Agreed, although it would be nice to set the number in preferences.
2014/10/01 05:03:55
panup
You're right. 2 sends in Console View isn't enough. Today's displays are generally FullHD and there's room for more information than currently presented.
2014/10/01 08:17:12
dcumpian
Why not just make 'em stretchy instead of having to set a limit in Preferences? Click an edge with the mouse and drag it taller or shorter, as needed.

Regards,
Dan

2014/10/01 08:23:19
Karyn
dcumpian
Why not just make 'em stretchy instead of having to set a limit in Preferences? Click an edge with the mouse and drag it taller or shorter, as needed.

Yes, as long as it were global across all channels simultaneously so each channels controls still align with each other.
2014/10/01 08:26:51
Splat
I agree it would be good to have it expandable. But a default number displaed in preferences would be good as well. Cheers.
2014/10/01 09:46:15
stevec
Thumbs up to both.   Not something I'd need in every track/project, but it would be very convenient to see everything at a glance.

2014/10/01 20:30:14
Dave Modisette
dcumpian

Regards,
Dan

Stretched in the vertical sense - Yes.  ProChannel has been very welcomed to the majority of SONAR users but what about the users that would rather use 3rd party versions of the same type of hardware simulations and have no need for the ProChannel?  (I can hear the wails of "How can you possibly not use the ProChannel" starting at any moment but I don't have ProChannel in three other DAW hosts and I don't miss it at all.)  I DO miss not being able to see multiple sends and more FX in the channel strips when I open SONAR.

In my scenario, I would use the Modules menu to hide the ProChannel Module since I don't use it anymore.  I would also hide the Trim/Gain Module at some point.  When I do that now, all I would gain is a blank space in each channel.  This is where a top or bottom divider that could be dragged in such a manner that more sends and/or FX could be seen in their respective modules.  I agree that this re-sizing of these modules should be global to keep a uniform look although I can see where a particular track might have more sends or FX that might be viewed.  In that case maybe a modifier key (Alt) plus a mouse drag could change one track's modules size without affecting the others.
2014/10/02 09:07:00
dcumpian
Well, while we are talking about this, I would love to see the mouse wheel work in the Sends and FX Bin. The little arrow thingy is murder sometimes. And why, when I switch tracks and come back does it not remember which Send was selected when I last looked?

Regards,
Dan

2014/10/02 11:46:16
drewfx1
Yes to both.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account