2017/08/07 15:55:30
JohnKenn
Very nice plug. Has 4 modes of flange, chorus, diffusion and a frequency shifter which is more like a phaser. Good stereo effects.

Upgrade for owners of Fluid or Liquid or Vapor is $10 which puts it into no brainer territory, otherwise $49 a bit out of no brainer range, but a high quality unit.

Posting this because Audio Damage doesn't have demos and no sound clips yet for Quatromod. Word of mouth so far and gets my thumbs up as something I'll be using a lot.

No copyright protection and they have a fast return, no questions policy if you don't like it.

John
2017/08/07 16:29:57
pwalpwal
agree, very cool plugs, and i'm very much enjoying all these $10 upgrades from audiodamage, just waiting for automaton and dr. device... https://audiodamage.com/
2017/08/07 18:22:45
JohnKenn
Oops...Sorry I forgot to paste the link...
2017/08/07 18:33:12
bitflipper
I've always liked their flanger, but never bought it because I have so many others and rarely use flangers anyway. Same for the chorus; got a bunch of those, too, and don't really need them because I usually end up using UberMod. Still, it might be worth it for the pitch shifter - wish I could hear it in action. You're just going to have to post some samples, John.
2017/08/07 21:12:03
BassDaddy
Love Audio Damage stuff. And Eos 2 and the new one are no brainers of the first magnitude, at $10.
2017/08/07 21:47:17
JohnKenn
Yeah Bit, Will post some short clips as soon as the wife tells me I'm finished with chores.
Only disappointment to me so far is the pitch shifter because I was all excited to get an actual pitch shifter. The one included is more of a moving effect that takes some time to get to know. Easy to overkill and end up with something worse than a ring modulator. Does have some good potential at less extreme settings. Will post something in awhile.

John
2017/08/07 22:15:39
interpolated
I use Dubdelay which is always great for creative effects.
2017/08/08 00:08:05
JohnKenn
Okay guys, strummed a few simple chords. Link should be good if you can get thru all the ads.

https://ufile.io/kjomn

Copied a few seconds of strum and ran thru chorus, diffuser, freqshift and flange. Went back and did a last clip with the frequency shifter to illustrate the fact that presets are not always useful. The wife was not overly impressed with the last preset, thought it was rude and crude. Unfortunately, have to agree. Reminiscent of someone losing control of their bowels.

Guitar is a bastardized Mexican strat with neodymium pickups. Neck pickup alone, old strings. Going thru Audio Damage Rough Rider compressor before Quatromod. Free and one of the best comps out there.

Overall, after playing with the thing for awhile, it is great. Their selling point about opening up the stereo field is right on. If you have Fluid and Liquid, I think from interpreting the dialog that Quatromod is more or less a showcase for those plugs already, as with Vapor. An upgrade would be to get the shifter thing, which is more of a temperamental phaser, but quite nice with some fine adjustment.

Comes with some presets, and I really like having a chorus, flange and phaser all on the same page. You can't chain them as far as I can see. No brainer indeed (at least as far as the $10 upgrade price)

John
2017/08/08 20:43:51
JohnKenn
The plug is a bit of a CPU hog, but the flanger is about to be my go to unit, and there are more features than just a lite version of Fluid in the flange mode. Rich stereo imaging.

Vostro 400 (older quad core) was running on the motherboard graphics chip and would only bring up a black screen. Same with the EOS update. Put in a cheap graphics card and it works now, but the swirly GUI in EOS has to be taking up some fire power. In Reaper, there is a cool option button for any vst plug to bypass the GUI and navigate the controls on a panel of sliders, with negligible CPU drain. Don't know if Sonar has this currently (stopped upgrading with X2...probably missing a lot).

I'm bracing myself for all the PM's wanting to buy the last section of the clip I posted. Could be used either in the next Star Wars movie or sound effects for a TV upset stomach commercial. To be fair and give everybody a chance, I'll share the secret... Quatromod was in the Freqshift mode and using the Forbidden Planet preset. Word is out and this will certainly go viral.

John

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account