• Software
  • New CPU and Motherboard. What won't work? (p.2)
2017/08/06 17:26:01
jerrydf
So, I've done it.  Prior to the build I sent all Waves licenses back to the cloud, and same for iLok. The main issue was Microsoft.  I couldn't reactivate. I believe these things normally do go well since Microsoft became more agreeable about hardware changes.  However, my migration path was from Win 7 Home edition up to 8 Pro - then 8.1 and 10. I had to contact Microsoft with an online agent. The Home -to- Pro upgrade was lost in my account records and it took some time to reason that Win 10 Pro has been working since my Win 10 update a few years' ago. In the end they agreed and activated Win10 (Pro) for me. 

Sonar and other audio things went fine. Steinberg's e-Licenser took its normal mysterious path until somehow it worked (not that bad actually). Addictive Drums wanted its normal transfer of duties, but no great deal. All in all it has gone quite smoothly, but I'm still waiting for some skeleton to tumble out of a hidden closet somewhere ...

Thanks for the help
Jerry
2017/08/07 15:12:23
paulo
bitflipper
 Just set aside a Saturday for the upgrade and remember that screaming at your computer doesn't actually help.

Oh, but it does.

It helps me to not throw it through the freakin window.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account