• Software
  • Maschine controlling another vst via soanr midi ?
2017/08/06 19:21:56
Zo
Hi friends ..

I'm facing an issue , i want to trigger another synth via maschine , the config is maschine opened as vst in sonar as well as let's say ez drummer ....i want to play in maschine and those sequencer to trigger midi in ez drummer , i don't want to open ez drummer in maschine (he doesn't see it by the way) ....

So let's say in bank A sound A is some i want to trigger with Ez drumer , i selected group /midi an enable Midi, i  select sound /output /midi and choose host and the channel ..

I unable midi input monitoring in the ez drummer midi channel , omni(to be sure) and nothing happen .... am i missing something , can't we play a sequence in Maschine and trigger another synth ? i don't want to use the drag and drop midid simply because i want to hear first what i'm playing (i want to hear EZ drummer sounds !!)

Thks
2017/08/06 21:22:12
msorrels
So EzDrummer needs an audio output track and a MIDI input track.  On the MIDI Input track, make its input the Maschine VSTs Output and turn on the MIDI echo button on the track.

2017/08/06 22:00:10
mettelus
I have not used Machine, but check settings on that. I am not sure what is needed to pass MIDI out of the device (like a control surface). If embedded within SONAR as a VSTi, you will need "MIDI output enabled" for MIDI to be passed to other VST(i)s.
2017/08/07 01:53:21
Zo
msorrels
So EzDrummer needs an audio output track and a MIDI input track.  On the MIDI Input track, make its input the Maschine VSTs Output and turn on the MIDI echo button on the track.

no way this what i tried , on midi input the only maschine refrence we have is the hardware , ot the vst ...
2017/08/07 01:53:22
Zo
msorrels

no way this what i tried , on midi input the only maschine refrence we have is the hardware , ot the vst ...
2017/08/07 10:55:52
ProjectM
Sorry if it is a dumb question, but you put Maschine in MIDI mode? If not it will only trigger the Maschine VST but should work as a normal MIDI controller when in MIDI mode
2017/08/07 11:10:36
msorrels
I don't have Maschine but how SONAR works with routing one VST that generates MIDI into another is pretty much the same always.  You will have to enable MIDI output in the Maschine VST.  For soft synths that usually means checking the box to enable MIDI output when you add the synth.  Or enabling MIDI output from the controls at the top of the VST window (in the VST2 drop down).  You may also have to enable Maschine itself to generate/output MIDI (something in it's options/preferences, Kontakt is like that). 

If you do both of those you should have a Maschine MIDI in the MIDI input list that you can use in the other soft synth's MIDI track.  Since you don't see Maschine in the MIDI input list, then you need to correctly configure it to generate MIDI output.
2017/08/07 11:52:41
Nino Vargas
😂
2017/08/07 11:56:02
Nino Vargas
Good luck Zoheir 😁 bisous aux pu...❤️
2017/08/08 03:48:00
Zo
ProjectM
Sorry if it is a dumb question, but you put Maschine in MIDI mode? If not it will only trigger the Maschine VST but should work as a normal MIDI controller when in MIDI mode

Nope i can t explain deeply why i can t use the midi mode , but basically i m using az controller , and midi note and cc get messed up ...it s a bug from NI , so i have to stick with maschine mode for that operation , or disable az controller ....
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account