2017/08/07 18:15:52
savoy
hello there
is a kick drum track be converted to midi?

im on sonar 5std.. 

thanks martin
2017/08/07 22:46:07
cclarry
savoy
hello there
is a kick drum track be converted to midi?

im on sonar 5std.. 

thanks martin

You'd have to use Melodyne to convert the Audio to MIDI,
then you could replace with any Kick from any of your 
Drum Samplers...

2017/08/07 23:32:45
bitflipper
Not many options in SONAR 5, unless you have V-Vocal. IIRC it wasn't included in all editions, but if you have it, it can do audio-to-MIDI. If the kick's not on a separate track, apply a low-pass filter before applying V-Vocal.
2017/08/08 00:35:35
cclarry
DERH...I thought your post said Sonar Standard...Bit is right...
2017/08/08 08:52:20
savoy
thanks guys!

cheer martin
2017/08/08 11:59:30
Glyn Barnes
In an earlier version of Sonar there used to be an "extract timing" function when you right clicked on an audio clip. If I recall correctly this could be converted to MIDI or used to groove quantatise MIDI. If you part is just a kick drum this may be a work around you could use. I cant remember the details it was a long time ago.
2017/08/08 12:23:39
savoy
Glyn Barnes
In an earlier version of Sonar there used to be an "extract timing" function when you right clicked on an audio clip. If I recall correctly this could be converted to MIDI or used to groove quantatise MIDI. If you part is just a kick drum this may be a work around you could use. I cant remember the details it was a long time ago.

i tried many time the extract timing but it not work anyway thx

i have melodyne will try it

thanks martin
2017/08/08 12:35:58
cclarry
savoy
Glyn Barnes

i tried many time the extract timing but it not work anyway thx

i have melodyne will try it

thanks martin

You'd find that the ARA integration of Melodyne in the current version
of Sonar is a godsend.  It makes that task easy peasy...
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account