• Software
  • Cakewalk and Adobe Creative Cloud
2017/08/08 07:26:57
RexRed
Adobe Creative Cloud is a really nice compliment to Cakewalk.

I am always amazed at the deal I got from Cakewalk for a lifetime of updates.

My bill with Adobe is roughly 50 per month.

With that subscription I get the latest updated Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator, Acrobat, Dreamweaver and so many incredible others. Cakewalk is my go to audio program and Adobe is what I use for video and photo editing/effects.

The Adobe software is the perfect compliment to Cakewalk.

The big thing is, having the CPU power to make use of such powerful editing tools. :)

Does anyone else use Cakewalk/Adobe combo a lot also?

Please leave comments. thx
2017/08/08 07:37:46
mettelus
Someone commented about using Adobe Audition as there default wav editor years ago, so I went and added Audition to my Utilities menu and it has become my default wav editor as well. The noise removal feature has gotten the most use, and is simple to launch Audition, edit, save, close, then "yes" to reload the modified version back into SONAR. It has reduced my concerns for "super quiet tracking" to "consistent noise tracking," which has made things quick and far less painful. I am still on CS5.5, and saw little benefit for the CC edition, so cannot speak to what has been added to Audition since AA4.0.
2017/08/08 11:29:02
msorrels
I have and use both.  They do make a good pair.  But what I'd really like is someway to export from Premiere into SONAR and back, like you can with Audition.  But with Cakewalk not documenting their project format and not supporting some sort of XML/JSON format that would be exportable, we are stuck.  I would say we could use OMF, but having tried now several times I've decided it's limits (every stereo track becomes two mono tracks!) make it a complete lose.  This is one of SONAR's biggest weaknesses.  It needs to be a bit more of a team player.  Support for AAF perhaps or some sort of XML project-level interchange system.

I've actually considering writing a plugin for Premiere to export the project as a .cal script that would "create" the project in SONAR.  But sadly there are limits there too.  And SONAR's support for video is kind of unusable.  I get so tired of when rewinding video and seeing SONAR start video playback at frame 1 (instead of 0) but the audio is at 0.  If an app can't rewind to the beginning of a video file how is it going to stay in sync for a 2 hour film?

I've been on the Adobe Creative Cloud for a long time now, even though it's not very cheap.  At this point I have no interesting in going back to my full license of CS6, Audition and the other apps really have advanced a lot.  Though I'll admit this latest release of Audition didn't have a lot of new things in it.  I was hoping for more.
2017/08/08 14:14:04
TerraSin
Not a fan of their overpriced subscription models. They have a lot of what can be considered industry standard programs but I think that being on top for so long as sort of brought them down in the department of innovation where other companies have picked up and actually do certain things better and more effectively than Adobe...

I'm an Affinity user. Their Photo program is among the best I've used. I haven't really used Design (Illustrator competitor) but it works a lot in the same way as Photo does. They also have an InDesign competitor and photo/asset manager coming soon.

Microsoft Office has me covered on the InDesign front as I use Publisher.

The one thing Adobe has soared in is video editing though it looks like they might have some hefty competition with DaVinci Resolve coming at them. Blackmagic has been pretty much the most innovative company out there in the world of video editing.

Once I'm able to get my teachers discount, I might look into getting Adobe's suite but right now it's not worth the cost because the only program I'd be using for work purposes would be Audition.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account