2011/08/26 15:28:18
kc2ine
and am blown away 
Incredible sound, does cakewalk have something like that in piano department? 
Is V-Piano available as plugin?
I like SI electric piano and strings instruments I got with Sonar.

p.s.
pianoteq in action
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4ufaPZZPLs&feature=related

2011/08/26 16:47:13
Sidroe
The only one I know of is the Truepiano version that comes with X1. It is very nice. I recommend a freebie that has become my go to standard even over all my high dollar plugs. It is Tascam CV. You can find it over at the KVR website. Even as old as it is, it still drops the jaw of a lot of my clients. It is fully featured and fully functional. I love that thing.
2011/08/26 21:50:10
kc2ine
Hey Thanks Sidroe for tip,
just downloading this CV piano and will give a try.
So truepiano comes with X1? nice, I wonder if it comes also with X1 LE...
2011/08/26 22:44:48
kc2ine
OK, I am trying CV piano and strange things I can hear sometimes kinda like a hammer noise at low velocity.
Quite nice sound but somehow cannot get right velocity right right...
2011/08/27 00:59:47
backwoods
If you want a proper piano sound you need to get some decent mics  (Coles 4038's) and record a real piano. Otherwise wait 20 or 30 years because all these piano emulators sound not so great IMHO. 

How many classical recordings does "PianoteqPlay" feature on?
2011/08/27 07:00:08
Dapper
Truepiano comes with X1?
2011/08/27 07:19:30
Glyn Barnes
Dapper

Truepiano comes with X1?

http://www.cakewalk.com/products/SONAR/X1-Producer/feature.aspx/Instruments-in-X1-Producer

In the producer edition, not studio.

However you only get the Amber module, I am not alone in saying this is the worst module in the full version.
2011/08/27 10:15:56
kc2ine
backwoods

If you want a proper piano sound you need to get some decent mics  (Coles 4038's) and record a real piano. Otherwise wait 20 or 30 years because all these piano emulators sound not so great IMHO. 

How many classical recordings does "PianoteqPlay" feature on?

sorry, but you don't know what are you talking about. Record piano by myself? why I'd do that when better then me in Yamaha, Roland, Synthogy
and more already did and this is not easy task to do. Modeled piano is already in stage that I prefer it over sampled and I've been playing sampled pianos for 20 years. Have you ever tried playing roland V-Piano for instance? 

here you have classical pianist is talking about it so maybe you'll get it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTbXnbfymdc&playnext=1&list=PLCE95F73DB7E12D14

2011/08/27 10:30:26
Guitarhacker
If you have the Cakewalk Sound Center, you can get the Steinway Grands sound pack for $20. 

I bought this a few months back and for the price I am really impressed with the sound quality.  And, the sounds are tweekable with EQ and resonance and stuff.... to your liking.... and there is like 10 piano's in the set. 
2011/08/27 16:35:07
Dapper
I also like the Steinway Grand Piano Expansion Pack for Cakewalk Sound Center. I don't have a lot of experience with virtual pianos, but it's the best piano I have in Sonar right now - and for $20! : )
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account