2017/08/04 21:04:56
polarbear
Hey Everyone,

Perhaps this has been covered before... I did find articles about it elsewhere on the internet but nothing has helped so far... In Windows 7 everything was fine, but I just upgraded and now in Windows 10 on both my computer and my girlfriend's computer, seems to display text in this weird gross way. It's like, sorta blurry but not really, it's like some of the text is too thin and some too thick. It makes it really hard to read.

I've read that it's a DPI issue with the way Windows 10 compensates for the possiblity of viewing with a mobile device, and about a registry tweak (or a tool that can be used to fix it), but I really don't want to do that on my studio computer. There's gotta be a real solution to this I would think. I know my laptops with Windows 10 don't have the issue, seems to only be on desktops.

Anyone have any luck fixing it?
2017/08/06 00:36:13
TheSteven
Check the display setting -
1st - make sure video resolution is set to match monitor
Then check font display setting.
Using a larger than 100% setting sometimes has side effect of making text fuzzy. 

With Win 10 
  • Open Screen Resolution by swiping in from the right edge of the screen, tapping Search (or if you're using a mouse, pointing to the upper-right corner of the screen, moving the mouse pointer down, and then clicking Search), entering Make text larger in the search box, and then tapping or clicking Make text and other items larger or smaller.
  • Drag the slider until the items in the preview image are the size you want them to be.
  • Tap or click Apply.
    You'll see the change the next time you sign in to Windows.
2017/08/06 02:33:59
polarbear
Thanks for the reply but yes already messed with resolution and text size. First thing I checked. Didn't help though.
2017/08/06 02:48:04
scook
If you are using a TV as a monitor make sure to set it to PC mode.
Also search Windows for "adjust ClearType text" and run the utility.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account