• Software
  • Updated Amp Sims to 0.0.3.0 and Added Binaural Room Modeller
2017/08/06 17:13:21
DaveClark
Hi all,

I've updated the amp sims to Version 0.0.3.0 (second release), EQFifteen to Version 0.0.2.0, and I've released a binaural version of the room acoustics modeller:

http://www.execonsultingtx.com/download/download-other/

Amp sims V0030: Added Royer 122 MKII microphone (active electronics version of R121) and recordings made with SE Electronics GuitaRF Reflexion Filter miniature isolation booth (GRF in the drop down list versus Stage for original) plus redid all recordings with different parameters that depend upon which cab was used (Session 2 in the drop down list versus Session 1 for original). Thanks to Sweetwater.com for providing the microphone and GuitaRF filter.

EQFifteenV0020: Internal programming improvements.

RoomConvpBin V0010: This one is for headphones. I remixed a few of the songs on my SoundCloud page so you can hear the difference between the room acoustic modellers RoomConvp and RoomConvpBin. If you are not familiar with the difference, I recommend you listen to Oh Susanne! with headphones, then switch to Oh Susanne! BINAURAL (for Headphones). The sound sources for this new binaural version are arranged in the same semicircle as for the original RoomConvp.

One example of use of the binaural room acoustics modeller, in addition to mixing:  To practice guitar with headphones yet sound more realistic: Fire up amp sim, then add RoomConvpBin and turn your speakers off, headphones on. Turn the Absorption for all three knobs to 9 o'clock or so, the Exp/OneOvr switch to Exp. Keep all three Vols up and adjust the Master Volume to taste. The sound should be outside your head, kind of over your head rather than inside your head, and not so obnoxious.

Regards,
Dave Clark
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account