2011/09/16 09:19:46
Splat
Hi

If I load in a few samples into beatscape (DLL = 1.0.2.80) and play the keyboard with my mouse I get sounds etc.

If I play with my MIDI keyboard, I see the piano keys being pressed down within the Beatscape UI, but more often than not the sounds don't come out, like they would do if I clicked with a mouse. I can trigger loops off it seems somehow with the MIDI keyboard, but I cannot play individual sample slices like I can do with the mouse.

Anybody had this experience?
Am I missing anything?

Thanks
2011/09/16 14:51:23
AT
make sure the keys are the colored ones, or darkened.  Many loops etc. don't extend across the entire keyboard.

@
2011/09/16 16:03:04
Grem
Yes AT is right. I found that my midi keyboard was made to be used as a trigger for the pads,(trigger on/trigger off) instead of playing them. I am just really getting into Beatscape. I am finding this a very useful and unique tool for using beats within a song. As I am learning the interface right now, I can see really clearly how I can make my own beats and using them in songs that I make through this interface. I am amazed at what I can do with Beatscape, Dim Pro, Rapture, and Zeta!! And all using the pre-made sounds that came with them!! Each one of these are very powerful (and complex) in their own right. Combined with Sonars automation and they become monsters!!!
2011/09/18 13:27:30
Splat
Thanks, I appreciate this....

Well basically I would hit one note with the MIDI keyboard and it wouldn't play back, but then I could hit the same exact note with the mouse and it would play back. Then I'd find another note to play and then both mouse and MIDI keyboard would work.

In all cases I was within the correct playing scope as suggested. NB MIDI wasn't being triggered anywhere else... just for that synth.
Anyway the issue appears intermittent. I've had no problems with other synths. It seems to be working today for instance.

Anybody else get this? (Just with Beatscape).
Cheers!
Alex
2011/09/19 13:07:14
Grem
When I get next to my keyboard Alex I'll see what happens with me and let you know.
2011/09/19 14:16:20
Splat
:)
2011/09/19 14:47:16
Grem
Alex I tried and it works as expected.
2011/09/19 19:22:36
Splat
OK - thanks Grem - much appreciated!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account