• Software
  • Free for Kontakt - An Orchestra Strings - VSCO2
2017/07/18 06:40:30
bigcatt
Here is the release version of An Orchestra Strings using the VSCO2 Community samples. It has a complete String Section, Solo Violin, Violin Section, Viola Section, Cello Section, Solo Contrabass and Harp. In various nkis it can do legato, modwheel xfades, fake ensembles and fake round robins. It generally has 2 velocity layers, the shorts tend to have 2 round robins and there are samples about every three notes. Articulations include Arco Vibrato, Tremolo, Spiccato and Pizzicato.
The most unique thing are the three An Orchestra nkis using the string section for arps and chords.

http://bigcatinstruments.blogspot.com/2017/06/an-orchestra-vsco2.html

Note this requires Kontakt 5.6.8 (What can I say OT made me do it as I had to have Inspire!)
2017/07/18 10:35:31
cclarry
Thanx BC!  You're always "stringing" us along! 
2017/07/18 12:35:48
Fleer
Attached or not, this great feline knows his strings :)
2017/07/18 12:50:36
bigcatt
Hopefully I can blow your minds in a few weeks with the Brass if I get on the horn.
2017/07/18 12:56:23
pentimentosound
So, not Kontakt Player, right?    I'll have to figure out how buy that ........ Too many advantages ...... LOL
2017/07/18 14:22:45
bigcatt
Sadly no. To license Kontakt Player is a good chunk of cash per download.
2017/07/18 16:01:33
pentimentosound
Well, I'm going to explore how to add at least Kontakt 5, if not Komplete 11, this summer. I can easily appreciate the value of it. There are so many things I could access once I've got it.

Michael
2017/07/18 17:39:47
bigcatt
It definitely opens up a lot of areas. They seem to have sales on it from time to time depending on how big a hurry you are in to get it. If you do get it, take a look at Alpine Instruments as he has some lovely little orchestral freebies for Kontakt that cover about the whole orchestra. Also Piano in 162 is great.

On the other hand if you want to take a look at VSCO2 Community, it is available in other formats.
http://vis.versilstudios.net/vsco-community.html
2017/07/18 19:51:48
pentimentosound
Thank you! I had no idea and didn't go past the "requires Kontakt" line.... I will now!
Retired budget requires that I wait for the sales.... LOL
Michael
2017/07/18 20:11:53
bigcatt
And another experiment from the mad scientist with a pre-schooler's knowledge of Kontakt programming and access to the scripts that ship with kontakt and the NI forum master Evil Dragon...

I call it the Happy Piano Chord and Arp Machine, HaPCAM for short. The progression of the major chords in chords or arps. After you change from I to V or whatever you need to press the base chord root note to switch the arp if you are using arp hold mode.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zkxixzh0lk3kvd9/City_Piano_-_Chord_Progressions.zip

With some experimentation you might be able to use it on other Kontakt pianos? It doesn't like round robins for some reason though.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account