• Software
  • Free for Kontakt - An Orchestra Strings - VSCO2 (p.2)
2017/07/19 00:19:28
Nino Vargas
Thx ðŸ¤™
2017/08/04 06:20:16
soens
I followed this link to another link and found a nice little free upright piano called VSCO2 Keys/Harp. Probably not the best quality as they stretch samples over several keys but they're the most realistic sounding samples for the price. Thanks!
2017/08/04 10:47:45
pentimentosound
@ bigcatt    Are all of those instruments "workable" with the Kontakt Player, then? I am going to have to become "conversant" in Kontakt!  
2017/08/04 14:57:32
bigcatt
I haven't thought of this thread in a while.

Thanks for giving them a try, Nino.

Glad you liked the Piano, Soens. It was done by the same guy that did Piano in 162.

Hey Pentimentsound. Sadly Kontakt Player libraries require a licensing fee from Native Instruments. Based on download numbers and what I understand are basic fees, it would have cost between 20 and 50 million dollars to make everything Kontakt Player. That is a few pennies over budget. ;)

You can in theory play them in 'demo' mode for 15 minutes, but this gets annoying really fast. I've done VSCO2, Sonatina and other things as standalone VSTs, but they aren't nearly as nice as the Kontakt versions. There are also many nice SFZ versions and variations of VSCO2.

http://vis.versilstudios.net/vsco-community.html

2017/08/04 17:07:01
soens
The piano gives interesting results when layered with other pianos.

As for Kontakt, I had the player but wound up buying a $50 vsti that required the full version. I suffered with "demo mode" while waiting for Kontakt to go on sale. Then they offered me a $125 "crossgrade" for owning the vsti. I was never gonna shell out $400 but this was doable so I went for it. Now I'm learning how to create instruments and tweak some I already have.
2017/08/04 21:00:15
pentimentosound
Thanks bigcatt, that makes completes sense to me!
I went back and read through the site. I saw sfz format thing and will explore that.
Michael
2017/08/05 18:52:59
bigcatt
I think you will enjoy Kontakt, Soens. If you want to roll your own instruments you might check out Freesound.org. Quite a number of instruments have been multi-sampled and are quite fun to use in Kontakt. There are also lots of great sound effects that work well as Kontakt instruments since Kontakt can stretch samples pretty well.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account