2008/08/26 15:35:24
jamescfrank
this has been an issue that i'd been trying to figure out for several months (mostly while i was using the forum name "wetdentist"). i wanted to relocate my multisamples from Rapture onto my hard drive that contained all of my other samples (the multisamples from DimPro were already there). After repeated attempts, and hours reading through the forums here, i had given up, mostly because there was no listing for Multisamples in the registry to alter, and anytime that i would try to create that folder in the registry and then move my Multisamples to my H Drive, i would get crashes, followed by the "your system has recovered from a serious error" (well, duh!) . . . but as time went by, and i became more and more infatuated with Rapture (and some of the expansion packs by Galbanum) i became increasingly frustrated by the number of gigabytes of multisamples residing on my C Drive. so i figured it was time to give the move another try.

i am using XP sp3, and here is what i did (and, i could not find this solution anywhere on these forums; there were solutions posted, but most of them referred to a folder for Rapture in the registry called 'Multisamples', which doesn't exist).

1) i downloaded the Rapture standalone program, which allows Rapture to be used as a standalone (mainly to use as a test application)
2) i COPIED all of my multisamples to my H Drive (leaving them also in my C Drive program files, with all the other Rapture program files)
3) i then moved all of my multisamples that were in my C Drive program files into a "New Folder" so that it would force Rapture to either recognize the multisamples on my H Drive or crash
4) i opened the Rapture standalone program via a shortcut that was placed on my desktop, pointing to its location on my C Drive program files
5) Rapture crashes, and my system eventually recovers from a serious error
6) i COPY all of the files (including the .exe file of the Rapture standalone) and folders inside
C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Rapture and paste them into H:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Rapture
*this folder also contains the Multisamples folder from step 2
7) i then open Regedit and find the listing for
My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Rapture
and then i look at the "Contents Folder" REG_SZ C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Rapture
and i then change the "C:" to an "H:"
8) reboot
9) delete the shortcut for the Rapture Standalone Application from my desktop (because it is pointing to its location on the C Drive)
10) open H Drive Rapture program files, and create shortcut to the desktop of the Rapture Standalone Application pointing to the .exe on H
11) i move all the Rapture program files that are on my C Drive into that "New Folder" listed in step 3 (i did all this "New Folder" stuff for safety reasons, so that if i ruined everything, i wouldn't have to totally reinstall all of my Rapture and expansion packs
12) with the Rapture Standalone Application pointing to my H Drive, i was then safely playing Rapture with my Multisamples on my H Drive
13) then i test-drove Project 5 and Sonar 7PE projects with Rapture previously written into them: A SUCCESS
14) i then deleted the Multisamples folder on my C Drive

so, in essence, all of the program files for Rapture are now located on my H Drive (with the exception of the .dll that is still located in my VST folder). this all probably sounds pretty mundane for a lot of you out there, but i had seen many postings on these forums regarding Rapture Multisamples, and couldn't find one that worked for me. So while other solutions posted may have worked for other users, here is another one to throw on the pile.

PIECE!!
2011/09/03 20:15:01
mcdonalk
I don't understand why these SW synthesizers can't provide the capability to easily map the different resources where we want them to be. Regardless of how fine the Cakewalk synthesizers are, the file structure restrictions are very unprofessional. Cakewalk should implement a default files structure for those who don't care, but provide users like us with the ability to map the reso9urces wherever we want them.
2011/09/04 00:50:21
AT
According to Rene, they followed the lastest MS conventions at the time.  Didn't like it then, still don't like it.

@
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account