2011/08/23 23:30:16
audiyo
Ok, so I first installed Dimension Pro which made a folder in the root of my drive called "Multisamples"
I don't remember being prompted for a location but maybe I missed it.

Later I installed more Dimension Pro content and the installer this time asked where to store "Multisamples" It defaulted to Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples so I just left it. I'm curious as to why two locations? Is there any harm from moving the data in C:\Multisamples to the multisamples subfolder of the actual Dimension Pro folder? 
2011/08/27 10:39:43
Guitarhacker
I subscribe to the theory that if it's not broke, don't try to fix it. 

You might just want to compare the two files to see if they're the same.....

Another test that is easily fixed if something goes bad is to rename the folder of the one that is NOT in cakewalk's main directory. Once it's renamed.... I simply add the number "1" to the file name, or something else easy to remember... shut down the computer and restart it, then open cake and try to load and run DimPro.... if it runs, it's very likely safe to remove that "renamed" folder to another drive or from the computer altogether. I would wait a few days before deleting it.... it's safe in the recycle bin, and easy to restore, unless you empty the bin ...

2011/08/31 23:23:08
audiyo
Thanks Guitarhacker. Yeah I wound up comparing the two folders, they seemed to be duplicates (The base content of DP anyway).. I guess originally DP used c:\multisamples and with the update(s) gave you a choice and defaulted to a folder under the actual DP directory in Program Files..

So I deleted the multisamples folder in the root. No problems to report.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account