2011/08/29 06:23:15
Luke73
Hi all. Just had a query regarding Session Drummer 3. Is there a way to separate out the drums in Session Drummer after the track has already been created as a Simple Instrument Track, with the drum parts already written on the one track? I've tried searching, but didn't have much luck on this specific question. Thanks. Luke
2011/08/29 20:47:13
Fog
yep there is. you can just drag / drop the midi part to a new instance of SD3... you can keep all the midi parts together BUT just assign each hit a separate audio out.. you can use track templates if you want.. insert > track template > Soft Synth Track Templates and select one of the multi out ones.. you can eq each drum on a sep. audio channel... or you can modify the option window when you insert SD3 to have multi-out, not just the 2 mains. If you turned that off , just press "o" (not zero) and tick "ask every time"
2011/08/29 21:04:02
Chappel
You could split the Instrument track into separate Midi/Audio tracks. Then insert multiple audio tracks and assign the Inputs to the Outputs of SD3. So if you wanted 8 stereo audio tracks for the drums you would insert 7 audio tracks. If you only need 4 audio outputs for the drums you would insert 3 new audio tracks.
2011/08/29 23:55:26
Luke73
Fog, thanks for the reply. I tried what you said but I can't get it to work. When I open a session of SD3 with multiple outs, should I be creating a track folder, or does it matter? I've tried creating an instance with a track folder, and an instance where I've only checked the option All Synth Audio Outputs: Stereo. But now do I need to drag and drop the drum clip into each drum track, or just the first? I've tried it on the first track in SD3, where I would expect the kick drum to play, after having routed the outputs of each drum, but I get no output. However, I've just tried it with the track template, as you suggested, selected the template for the same kit as the one I was using, dragged the midi clip into the top line of the new SD3 track, and it's all working. Thanks for your help. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong with my original method, though?
2011/08/30 06:02:39
Fog
you only have ONE midi track for the thing, so drag / drop the existing midi to the new instance of SD3. You need to setup the drumkit you want obv. in the new instance. when you set it as multi out.. you'll see the midi track + the sep. audio outs. It's the exact same as if you have only the main out selected.. BUT instead of having the 1 audio out.. you have 1 for each drum (which you can EQ etc independently)
2011/08/30 06:35:56
Luke73
I've at least got it to work with a track template, so thanks again for your help there, Fog. It's just that when I try to create a new instance of SD3, I'm unsure which boxes I need to check when it opens. When I've tried it this way in the past, dragging the existing drum track into the new instance of SD3, and routing each drum to a different track in the SD3 Mixer, I get no sound output. I'll keep trying, but at least I have one way of getting it to work. Thanks again.
2011/08/30 23:43:01
Luke73
I think I've finally figured it out. It was working with the track template because there was a midi track I could drag and drop into, which wasn't appearing when I created an instance of SD3. After some trial and error, I worked out I needed to check the Midi Source box, in addition to the All Synth Audio Outputs box. Finally got there. Thanks again.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account