• Software
  • Leeds Town Hall Organ - Free Kontakt Instrument (p.2)
2014/04/18 18:29:55
rontarrant
yorolpal
Yup...thanks so much...what was gettin me was that the ibar cursor didn't change to the little hand thingy over that box...so I didn't click in that. Got it now though. Thanks again.

You're very welcome, sir.
2014/04/20 04:22:46
cecelius2
This is nice, and comes with five presets for Kontakt5.  I have a fondness for pipe organs; this was is a keeper.
2014/04/20 06:46:43
Glyn Barnes
cecelius2
This is nice, and comes with five presets for Kontakt5.  I have a fondness for pipe organs; this was is a keeper.

Don't overlook the potential of the Kontakt 4 NKIs - not as good to look at but the same 5 presets are are available as seperate NKIs. This means you can layer them to give different stop combinations.
2014/04/20 15:36:16
dmbaer
cecelius2
I have a fondness for pipe organs; this was is a keeper.

You may want to check out Sonokinetic's Tocatta for Kontakt.  It's reasonably priced and is a great set of samples of the real thing.  I wrote about it here:

http://soundbytesmag.net/sonokinetictoccata/

2014/04/20 17:03:15
cecelius2
Glyn Barnes
cecelius2

Don't overlook the potential of the Kontakt 4 NKIs - not as good to look at but the same 5 presets are are available as seperate NKIs. This means you can layer them to give different stop combinations.

Thanks; I had not considered using K4 nki's since it had a K5 gui option. Your suggestion about layering will be an option now.
2014/04/20 17:06:05
cecelius2
dmbaer
cecelius2

You may want to check out Sonokinetic's Tocatta for Kontakt.  It's reasonably priced and is a great set of samples of the real thing.  I wrote about it here:

Excellent!!!  Thanks for this link.  I will definitely put this on my "to buy" list.  Now if only I could play Widor's epic of the same name, which would sound great on this "Tocatta" instrument.  This instrument is epic indeed.

[Edit:  Let me add:  David, that is a well researched and helpful review.  Thank you.]
2014/04/20 17:38:22
cclarry
2014/04/21 04:55:28
Glyn Barnes
dmbaer
cecelius2

A big +1 for Tacotta. 
2017/07/28 20:06:19
Scho33
Hello.
Can I use this in Sonar Platinum without having Kontakt 5?
I downloaded the organ and Kontakt 5 Player but this gives me only a 15 minutes demo.

Sorry - I am a newbie...
2017/07/28 20:27:37
Glyn Barnes
Scho33
Hello.
Can I use this in Sonar Platinum without having Kontakt 5?
I downloaded the organ and Kontakt 5 Player but this gives me only a 15 minutes demo.

Sorry - I am a newbie...
It needs the full version of Kontakt (not the player).You won't find many free Kontakt instruments that work in the player because NI imposes a licence fee on player instruments.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account