• Software
  • Waves install methodology ? (p.3)
2017/07/25 02:03:36
Zo
cclarry
That was just for "informational" purposes Zo...not 
directed at your personal situation. 

Got it ;)

By the way All sorted after a whole Afternon with Ron from Waves ...hard one (even him struggled lol) but we got it sorted with an offline in house intsallers ...gonna have to do all on my laptop now , and i don't feel like confortable to do it again ahaha ///..
2017/07/25 14:24:28
sharke
Waves is always screwing with my licenses. Usually after I install a new plugin and it insists on reinstalling all of my Waves stuff. Totally stupid. Last time it screwed my licenses up, I only realized when Sonar threw the "missing plugins" dialog when loading a project. After fixing my licenses, I then discovered that even though Sonar now loaded my Waves plugins, all instances of my Waves Element synth were broken and would not accept incoming MIDI. Basically had to swap out the synths with new instances and start my sound designing again. Waves really does suck.
2017/07/25 20:31:25
Zo
It sbecause it updates if you install via online installers ..i alwys do offline install to make less impact since it notify that your re out of dates but doésn t update what you have ...
2017/07/27 04:28:53
sharke
Zo
It sbecause it updates if you install via online installers ..i alwys do offline install to make less impact since it notify that your re out of dates but doésn t update what you have ...

Tbh I wouldn't really mind them updating all of my plugins if my licenses didn't get screwed in the process. I really don't know where I'm going wrong. I don't go anywhere near the license section of the updater, I just go to "install new plugins," select the one I bought and start the update process. From merely doing that, it screws with my licenses. So annoying. 
2017/07/27 05:39:43
Grem
sharke

I really don't know where I'm going wrong. 

James try to send your licenses to the cloud before you update next time and after the update send licenses back to your PC and see if that helps.
2017/07/28 01:04:21
Maarkr
i just went thru a second round (one a couple of years ago) of letting their tech support uninstall then reinstall all of my waves plugs.  Too bad this isn't a simple and error-free process.  
2017/07/28 01:35:14
Maarkr

Too bad this isn't a simple and error-free process.  

But it is, at least for me and I'm sure the vast majority, it just works, never had an issue with it, it's very simple and straight forward. I just select Licenses or mange licenses (whatever it is) just flick my new license to my flash drive, then hit install (not the easy install or whatever), select the plug I want to install, hit the button and that's that. For me I couldn't see how it could be easier, a no brainer, never had an issue.
2017/07/28 09:32:30
interpolated
I've only had a couple of glitches with the install process. Usually a manual rescan fixes any detection issues. 

My working method is transfer the licenses to a thumb-drive. Then install the VST and since my preference is to have 64-bit VST3 versions only, it means there is only one version onboard of the same effect. It's worked so far.
2017/07/28 17:23:41
Zo
If you guyz are sure it's the licences and not te install , just erase the licences folder ...then re launch the center , it will recreate a fresh new one .... we did it for my usb key ..
2017/07/29 01:37:29
sharke
Grem
sharke

I really don't know where I'm going wrong. 

James try to send your licenses to the cloud before you update next time and after the update send licenses back to your PC and see if that helps.

That's not a bad strategy. Shouldn't really have to though!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account