• Software
  • Melodyne Studio 4 on my main PC Only 1 install?
2017/07/25 13:44:18
pentimentosound
I've upgraded from the basic Melodyne to Editor and then Studio 4 on my desktop. Why can't I have it on my laptop, too?
Am I missing something? Like I can, but haven't figured out how or what?

SPLAT 4 Life latest....

Thanks
Michael
2017/07/25 15:09:22
TerraSin
You get two licenses with Melodyne. It's one of those licenses you can lose if you're not careful and remember to deactivate it before you format or something along those lines so be careful with it. You'll need to get your second on the Melodyne site.

I attached one of mine to my iLok because I lost one on a previous version in a format because I didn't realize this.
2017/07/25 15:45:40
LAGinz25
I thought it was one license, but you can download and activate on two computers ala some Toontrack stuff. I've always had Melodyne 4 on two computers with no I lock.
2017/07/25 16:41:02
pentimentosound
Thanks to both of you. So, I get my other license at their site. I have iLOK Manager and a old version 1 Dongle on my desktop, but that's where my Studio 4 is now.
     Essential is on my laptop apparently, I'll have to check if it's Editor 2 or not.

Michael
2017/07/25 16:56:04
bitflipper
From the EULA:
CELEMONY grants the Licensee – provided that the Licensee complies with all terms and conditions of this EULA – a personal, non-exclusive and non-transferable license, with no right to grant sublicenses, to install and use one copy of the Licensed Software on one personal computer or other device.
...The Licensee is allowed to make one copy of the Licensed Software in machine-readable form for backup purposes only...

Unless I'm misreading the intent of the text, it says you get one instance. (Note: despite the "non-transferable" wording, they do allow you to sell it on.)
2017/07/25 17:50:40
TerraSin
That's a very odd way to do licenses.
2017/07/25 20:08:41
azslow3
bitflipper
From the EULA:
CELEMONY grants the Licensee – provided that the Licensee complies with all terms and conditions of this EULA – a personal, non-exclusive and non-transferable license, with no right to grant sublicenses, to install and use one copy of the Licensed Software on one personal computer or other device.
...The Licensee is allowed to make one copy of the Licensed Software in machine-readable form for backup purposes only...

Unless I'm misreading the intent of the text, it says you get one instance. (Note: despite the "non-transferable" wording, they do allow you to sell it on.)

From the Melodyne 4 Introduction.pdf (installed with Melodyne):

The Melodyne license allows you to activate two computers for Melodyne
and use the program on both – your studio computer and your laptop, for
instance.
ILOK (only for the editions “studio”, “editor” and “assistant”)
If you wish, you can transfer one activation to an iLok copy-protection
dongle. For as long as the dongle remains inserted, the computer in question
will be activated for Melodyne – a practical alternative if you are constantly
working on different computers. For details of the iLok, visit www.ilok.com.

Cakewalk also has EULA which is a bit different from FAQ and answers on the forum...

Also I have not seen any single case report when Celemony was "unfriendly" in case of "formatting disk"... But with iLock its a bit different (since another company is involved).
2017/07/26 20:40:12
LAGinz25
bitflipper
From the EULA:

I guess the way I use my stuff, I'm in compliance with that language. I have a main computer and a backup which is basically a mirror image of the main one. I use the mirror image computer if I'm having  some kind of problem or issue with the main computer functioning. I have Melodyne loaded and activated on both.
2017/07/27 03:57:13
TheSteven
If you log in on the Celemony web site and go into your account and look under license options you'll see there's two activations per license.

Added the following content:
++++++++++
You are allowed 2 activations per: 
http://helpcenter.celemony.com/editor2/en/singletrack_tour_00.html
  • Two computer-based activations: Melodyne activation is, by default, computer-based; in other words, the activation is tied to the computer upon which it is performed. A Melodyne license entitles you to activate and use Melodyne on two different computers simultaneously, such as your studio computer and your laptop. The activations are managed and granted by our server. You will see how many activation credits you have at any given moment in your myCelemony account as soon as you log in.

on the same page as above:

The iLok Alternative

However, before opting for iLok activation, please bear the following in mind: the iLok system can be used as an alternative to (but not parallel with) computer-based activation.

*bold text is my emphasis 
++++++++++
This was not the same info (regarding iLok activation) that I saw on activation page under my account when I transfered my PC activation to my iLok a couple of weeks ago. 
So while I now see there is a possibility of a 2nd PC based activation on my account - the text that supported that conclusion is no longer there.  

2017/07/27 10:59:00
pentimentosound
Thanks   I'll give that a go.
Michael
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account