• Software
  • Melodyne Studio 4 on my main PC Only 1 install? (p.2)
2017/07/27 15:31:47
pentimentosound
Entering my Studio 4 serial # brings "error invalid serial number"  and I see no other way to get a 2nd computer activated.... YET.

This is from the manual

"Important Information Regarding Activation

The first time you launch Melodyne, the Activation Assistant appears. If you purchased your Melodyne from our Web Shop, a single click in the Assistant is all that is required and your Melodyne will be activated and ready to use. If your Melodyne came in a box, the Assistant will guide you through all the steps that are necessary for registration and activation. The activation is performed on line. If your computer is not connected to the Internet, the Assistant will propose a method of activating the program offline.
You can reach the Activation Assistant whenever you need to via “License ...” in Melodyne’s Help menu. All the options offered by the Assistant are explained in the Assistant itself. The following sections explain how these options relate to one another as well as providing important background information regarding activation. Please read them through carefully as they are concerned directly with such questions as when, why and how often you can install and use Melodyne on computers.
  • Two computer-based activations: Melodyne activation is, by default, computer-based; in other words, the activation is tied to the computer upon which it is performed. A Melodyne license entitles you to activate and use Melodyne on two different computers simultaneously, such as your studio computer and your laptop. The activations are managed and granted by our server. You will see how many activation credits you have at any given moment in your myCelemony account as soon as you log in.
  • Deactivating a computer: We allow you complete control over the allocation of your activation rights by allowing you the option also of deactivating computers. Suppose, for example, that you have already activated Melodyne on two computers but wish to use a third one temporarily. No problem: all you have to do is deactivate one of the computers currently activated. This will free up one activation credit, which will then be transferred to our server. You can use this then to activate the third computer. If, later, you wish to go back to your original pairing, just deactivate the third computer and reactivate the one you deactivated earlier. "
I only seem to have one computer activation. Clicking on options hasn't offered any other "option" yet.
Michael

2017/07/27 18:49:41
azslow3
Hm.... Visit Celemony site. Login there. You should see "User account" page.

Have you downloaded Melodyne using "Download" button? If not, download it this way. You get the installer which "knows" you then.

Near "Download", there is "License options" button. Click on it. You should get a page with related information, in particular with "Activation 1" (computer, date) and "Activation 2" (unused).
2017/07/27 20:14:22
pentimentosound
I must have downloaded there, when upgrading to Studio 4 from Ed 2. I do have the My Account page with Activation 1 and Activation 2 unused.

I have inserted my Studio 4 serial # into Activation 2 but get "invalid serial number".
I'm using my serial from that page BTW
Michael
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account