2017/07/18 19:37:23
jude77

I'd also point out that whenever a "sow's ear" has required a makeover, it's never been the choice of equalizer that made the difference. No, that's all about which compressor you use! 

(No, ol' pal, I am not a hypocrite...note the winky face)

Dog-gone-it!!  I just knew it was which tape emulator plugin I used.
2017/07/18 20:01:45
Pragi
For coloring asignal I like the Waves SSL E- channelstrip and Slate VMR.
For neutral sound and finetuning Fab ProQ and DMG Equl......

Best coloring eq sound I ever had in my studio 
was of a friends AMS Neve 8803 stereoequalizer.(Hardware)

But costs  2000 bucks only .......
2017/07/18 20:44:06
interpolated
I'm  a big fan of Pultec emulations and flexible eq's like Waves F6, VSL Suite: Master EQ, UAD Precison Equaliser. Transparency has it's place, so anything with Large Q values is good.

2017/07/18 21:48:28
Fleer
FabFilter Q2. Done.
2017/07/19 00:12:36
SF_Green
My faves are the Fab Filter Pro-Q2 and Eiosis AirEQ.  Sure I like some others for more color (mostly my UA Neve, Harrison, Pultec).

And yeah this may be a Zombie thread, but it's always a popular and on-going topic.  Look at how long this has gone on over at Gearslutz:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/980333-best-eq-plug-moment-18.html

The one that comes up a lot there that hasn't been discussed much here is the Acustica-Audio EQ's, mostly Nebula, but Pink gets some mention too. Supposedly the latest versions are much less CPU intensive than previous versions.
2017/07/19 00:13:07
bitflipper
Fleer
FabFilter Q2. Done.

Pretty much.
2017/07/19 00:18:07
SF_Green
bitflipper
Fleer
FabFilter Q2. Done.

Pretty much.

Yeah, you really have to give those guys credit for making a quantum leap forward in GUI design. They really got it right, IMHO.
2017/07/19 02:43:45
clintmartin
I still use the original Pro-Q the most. I also love the TDR VOS Slick eq and the M version.

2017/07/19 03:03:56
emeraldsoul
That zombie looks like Hugh Laurie. 

And, a vote for DMG Equilibrium. Here's a few reasons. 1) Just run an audio track through it, make no eq cuts or adds - it has a volume slider and you can boost or lower the track's volume, and it's really really musical what it does to the audio - again, with no eq applied.

2. It has a piano keyboard at the bottom so you can see on a piano where you are making eq cuts or boosts. Simple.

3. It can be really simple to use and make sound great. OR, you can open up the hood and be utterly lost in permutations of settings which easily run into the trillions. It has two modes, offering different levels of cpu usage, but they both sound great.

I demoed the Fab but went the other way. It's a great plug-in as well.

I think there are other plugins that excel at "character" so if you are just getting one EQ, make it a surgical tool.

What eq did the zombie prefer??

The one that was super "notch" ural.

-Tom

2017/07/19 04:26:13
SF_Green
emeraldsoul

What eq did the zombie prefer??

The one that was super "notch" ural.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account