2017/07/19 06:07:25
Pragi
Forgot to mention the Maag 2 (the "Air" band )eq.
2017/07/19 06:33:50
SF_Green
Pragi

The Air band is part of why I like the Eiosis AirEQ, although Maag did come up with it first.  I have come very close to getting the Maag (have seen some good deals from both UA and Plugin Alliance) - then I look in my plugin folder and see how many EQ's I already have....
2017/07/19 06:35:44
Kamikaze
Scoot
Years ago (late 90's) a friend used to make downbeat breakbeat tunes, he was pretty good at finding little loops from his record collection. He had the same spirit folio mixer as me. He played me a mix, and I looked at his gain structure and asked If I could have a go at setting up the mix. He left me to it, when he came back he exclaimed 'what did you do' and I couldn't tell if he meant in a good way or not. I asked him how he meant 'where did the noise go?' he asked. He didn't appreciate the effect of setting his gains accumilating ofer 12 tracks so much. He was chuffed to bits to find out his equipment was much better than he'd realised.

I remember you!
2017/07/19 09:59:59
Fleer
Notch Ural ?
2017/07/19 10:31:15
pwalpwal
+1 for dmg, although i only have the equilibrium/equick versions, use equick the most
2017/07/19 12:41:31
Pragi
SF_Green
Pragi

The Air band is part of why I like the Eiosis AirEQ, although Maag did come up with it first.  I have come very close to getting the Maag (have seen some good deals from both UA and Plugin Alliance) - then I look in my plugin folder and see how many EQ's I already have....

Yes , suffering GAS is like an epidemic.

Next step for me is to get a hardware eq ,
the elysia hardware ( Elysia xfilter ) is a steel compared to
the Neve a.o. eq´s .
Have to do the first step to save money by not bying software fx
anymore.
2017/07/19 17:49:31
sharke
Over the years I've gotten to know my EQ's to the point where I recognize that some of them are better than others at certain tasks. For example I use the Waves SSL E-Channel because of how sweet it's high shelf is on hats and because it sounds great when boosting the mids of a bass, but when I want to boost low end I'll use the Native Instruments Enhanced EQ because it's low end is an absolute beast compared to the SSL. I don't know why and I don't care - I just like the sound of certain EQ's on certain things. Sometimes if I want to boost the 1kHz region I'll use the Soundtoys Sie-Q because it's just awesome in that frequency range, even with huge boosts that would sound odd on other EQ's.

For basic/surgical work (i.e. high/low filtering and cuts) I use the Quadcurve EQ because it's so convenient and easy to use. Any time I need to boost I'm thinking about character and reaching for one of my fancier EQ's.
2017/07/20 23:24:01
backwoods
i like the IK Neve and API character eqs (which have mid/side options) , the quadcurve, and the awesome new cakewalk LPEQ(which doesn't need to be used in linear phase mode and also has mid/side options) for ultra precision.

will probably spring for the overloud and sonimus EQs if they are bundled or put on special as I like the elegance/low dsp usage philosophy of those companies

2017/07/20 23:36:16
interpolated
Had a look at that TRacks Max collection. Even at About £500 for the lot. That's an incredible amount of modelled hardware for the price.

2017/07/21 12:48:05
AllanH
Just two days I thought I'd (again) compare the prochannel EQ to the Izotope's Neutron EQ.
I tried a couple of simple  examples, e.g. 2000 Hz, Q=2, -6db with one active filter. To my ears, Neutron EQ sounded clearer and achieved the EQ with less overall "muffling". So for me, Neutron stays on all buses and tracks.

I'm not sure Neutron is "the best", but it's the best I have.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account