2011/08/17 16:35:36
g_randybrown
Just recently bought it and wondering if and how this is possible...or maybe how to go about making them?
Thanks very much,
Randy
2011/08/17 17:21:02
benstat
Hi Randy,
If you're referring to arp patterns, it isn't currently possible to export them. However, you can create your own MIDI files using SONAR, and import them into Z3TA+ 2. In Z2, open the arp pattern popup menu (click on the little right arrow next to 'Pattern' in the arp section). Then choose 'Load MIDI File...'.
Thanks,
Ben
2011/08/17 17:29:07
g_randybrown
Thanks so much Ben!!!!
2011/08/17 17:45:16
ba_midi
There kind of / sort of is a way to alter the arp. If you do a "bounce to clip" I'm pretty sure it creates the actual notes as opposed to the one or two notes you may have held live. Once those clips are created, you can edit them ;) OR you can save them as MIDI files to be reimported as BEN mentioned above after you edit them. I haven't tried this lately, but I seem to remember it all worked.
2011/08/17 18:08:36
djjhart@aol.com
ba_midi

There kind of / sort of is a way to alter the arp. If you do a "bounce to clip" I'm pretty sure it creates the actual notes as opposed to the one or two notes you may have held live. Once those clips are created, you can edit them ;) OR you can save them as MIDI files to be reimported as BEN mentioned above after you edit them. I haven't tried this lately, but I seem to remember it all worked.
It would be nice if you can use the Ui in the arp section to delete some notes/ move em around.., Im gonna give that a try  and see if I can bounce the arp patterns  down to midi notes , then reload them into Z3ta 2, Im also thinking that we can use Sonars Arp and then bounce a pattern made in there and then load it up in Z3ta 2..seems like that could be fun..

2011/08/17 18:33:58
g_randybrown
That doesn't sound bad at all...it's what I have to do with Real Guitar anyway.
Thanks very much,
Randy
2011/08/17 18:51:38
g_randybrown
seems like that could be fun..

indeed
2011/08/17 19:12:42
ba_midi
John,

Yeah - you can bounce down a Sonar Arp easily.

2011/08/18 13:58:57
g_randybrown
ba_midi

Hey Billy, I finally got around to trying this and I seem to be stuck. I created a one bar note in the PRV and then went to that clip in TV. I right clicked that and selected bounce to clip but I don't see anything happening.
Perhaps I should explain specifically what I'm trying to do: the "Alpha Centauri" sequence is very cool but I only want one bar of it so that I can change the notes every bar.
Thanks very much,
Randy
2011/08/18 14:25:34
Mystic38
IIRC, and i pursued this a while ago with Z3ta 1.5, you cannot extract the midi data from a Z3ta arp like you can the Sonar midi arp block.. it is the most vexing thing about an otherwise very useful VST..

ba_midi

John,

Yeah - you can bounce down a Sonar Arp easily.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account