2011/08/18 15:13:11
g_randybrown
IIRC, and i pursued this a while ago with Z3ta 1.5, you cannot extract the midi data from a Z3ta arp like you can the Sonar midi arp block.. it is the most vexing thing about an otherwise very useful VST..

Oh man really? So it can't be done?
2011/08/18 15:48:00
g_randybrown
On further observation one can see the midi pattern in the PRV looking UI...it just seems there would be a way to export and/or alter it.
Anyway, that said is there a way to tell what patch/instrument Alpha Centauri is using? I suppose I can at least create my own but what a PITA.
2011/08/18 15:52:34
g_randybrown
Well hell, now I can't even get X1c to work. I hit play and get a few ms of squelch and then the audio engine stops (even when I'm no where close to the midi notes).

EDIT: turning Z3ta off and back on again resolved that issue...starting to have doubts about this thing actually being useful.
2011/08/18 16:06:13
Mystic38
No, there is no easy way..

you can apply the arp to a simple tone excluding effects, run it at slow tempo you can bounce the audio to a clip.. then send it to V-Vocal and extract the arp pattern from there... or use your ear if you quick enough.

not easy..
2011/08/18 16:12:14
g_randybrown
I think "not easy" is an understatement my friend.
I think I can create my own but that patch used...do you know how to tell what it is (the fake harp sound) and if it's even in Z3ta +2?
2011/08/18 17:43:19
ba_midi
g_randybrown

Well hell, now I can't even get X1c to work. I hit play and get a few ms of squelch and then the audio engine stops (even when I'm no where close to the midi notes).

EDIT: turning Z3ta off and back on again resolved that issue...starting to have doubts about this thing actually being useful.

FWIW, Z2 has a few nasty bugs in there.  I'm sure there'll be some update or updates ;)

It's our way of life LOL

2011/08/18 18:00:38
g_randybrown
I hope it's sooner than later, I guess I just won't use it for now. 
Something else I noticed (at least with the Alpha Centauri sequence) is it doesn't even work with the tempo of the project (the measures/beats don't line up with the grid in PRV).
Thanks Billy,
Randy
2011/08/19 09:12:52
Mystic38
@g_randybrown..

This below post is what i did with Z1.5.
You did point out that you can seem an image of the pattern in the arp window.. if you set your monitor to a lower resolution or find some way to zoom in you can start to (almost) pick out the notes.. in the case of alpha centauri i was able to get reasonably close in 10mins with the piano/ears/eyes.

The sync of the arp is confusing.. you will note that in the instructions EVERY arp pattern is in fact only one measure long.. so the sync setting is what expands this to a >1 measure in real time.. so you will need to play with the settings... not a great approach but it is what it is.. (ie any pattern more than one measure long will not playback correctly unless you diddle with the sync settings..)

all the sounds originate in the Z2.. you can reverse engineer that patch it or modify it and save it...

Hopefully Cakewalk will expand the arpeggiator in the future.. without midi out it is difficult at best to integrate this within a track.

cheers

Mystic38

you can apply the arp to a simple tone excluding effects, run it at slow tempo you can bounce the audio to a clip.. then send it to V-Vocal and extract the arp pattern from there... or use your ear if you quick enough.

not easy..

2011/08/19 09:17:55
g_randybrown
Mystic38

@g_randybrown..

This below post is what i did with Z1.5.
You did point out that you can seem an image of the pattern in the arp window.. if you set your monitor to a lower resolution or find some way to zoom in you can start to (almost) pick out the notes.. in the case of alpha centauri i was able to get reasonably close in 10mins with the piano/ears/eyes.

The sync of the arp is confusing.. you will note that in the instructions EVERY arp pattern is in fact only one measure long.. so the sync setting is what expands this to a >1 measure in real time.. so you will need to play with the settings... not a great approach but it is what it is.. (ie any pattern more than one measure long will not playback correctly unless you diddle with the sync settings..)

all the sounds originate in the Z2.. you can reverse engineer that patch it or modify it and save it...

Hopefully Cakewalk will expand the arpeggiator in the future.. without midi out it is difficult at best to integrate this within a track.

cheers

Mystic38

not easy..

Very helpful post Mystic (especially changing resolution and zooming to see the pattern), thanks very much!

2011/08/19 10:11:54
electronaut
The obvious and partial confirmed bugs are a PITA.
But this can ( and hopefully soon will be ) fixed, since Z3TA 2 is an amazing
piece of tool.

What bothers me more is the fact that there are some things that aren´t well
designed or implemented.
Arp Midi Out and further Arp editing inside Z3TA2 is a feature that is a must be.
For an update after this time from version 1 its a bit to little.

And this words are meant constructive, since this beast has the potenial for an killer synth,
but this has to be solved for more creative functionality.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account