2017/07/18 11:27:19
Chandler
bitflipper
That was cool. Somebody should make a 30-minute sleep aid. I'd like to hear a seashore version with lapping/crashing waves, seagulls in three dimensions and a distant foghorn.

Even better, have an orchestra conductor don the binaural microphones so we can hear what a symphony sounds like from his perspective at the podium. 

I don't have 30 min, but I've been going around Japan making videos with binaural sound. Whether they're relaxing or not you'll have to judge for yourself. I love binaural recordings, but it seems like they aren't to popular outside of ASMR.

2017/07/18 16:59:05
bitflipper
That was great! Especially where you're turning around and you hear laughter moving to the rear. Tell us about your microphones, please.
2017/07/19 03:20:20
Chandler
Thanks. I used these

https://www.amazon.com/gp...ds=binaural+microphone

They're cheap and I was afraid they wouldn't work or they'd have too much noise, but I've been suprised by how good they sound. I did have to buy a Zoom hand held recorder though because my camera and iphone refuse to fecord in stereo. I have to snap my fingers to sync the video and audio afterwards, but its not too mich trouble. It's not as hard or as expensive as you would think.
2017/07/19 03:20:22
Chandler
Double
2017/07/19 15:08:04
bitflipper
Very cool. And only 20 bucks. Unfortunately, my pocket recorder has only a single input for an external microphone and can therefore only record stereo using its built-in mics. So no binaural experiments for me today.
2017/07/21 02:22:43
Chandler
bitflipper
Very cool. And only 20 bucks. Unfortunately, my pocket recorder has only a single input for an external microphone and can therefore only record stereo using its built-in mics. So no binaural experiments for me today.

The Zoom only has a single input, but it can record in stereo. I think stereo chords have 3 lines on the plug instead of 2, but there doesn't seem to be mich info on which recorders can record in stereo and which can't. I want to do more experiments in the future. Maybe I'll compare the difference between a mic'd amp and the amp in the room tone.
2017/07/21 19:36:45
bitflipper
I could drag around a mic pre and use the line in, but that takes away the ability that you enjoy of just walking around while inconspicuously recording. I think I'll just continue to enjoy other people's experiments.
2017/07/23 04:20:02
gswitz
Cool
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account