• SONAR
  • Shiny New Themes: Gran Vista & Carbon [Updated to 2018.11]
2018/09/28 22:56:55
Canopus
Update Oct. 5 2018.
Some users found the gloss in the original Gran Vista theme distracting and in particular the gloss in the Pro Channel modules. Because of that I’ve now created two variations of this theme with a more matte finish.  Click here to jump to the post where the different variants of Gran Vista are outlined in more detail. You will also in the same post find a new separate theme called Carbon, which comes with an even darker appearance and a non-glossy control bar.
---

As part of my never ending music creation procrastination project I recently did something I’d promised myself never to do: a SONAR/CbB theme. I’ve called it Gran Vista Black & Blue in reference to a long forgotten operating system, as some of the design elements are inspired by that shiny, black plastic once found in Windows Vista. Some would say that look is dated, but hey – so am I.

I actually began making this theme about a year ago but stopped when The Announcement was made in November 2017. As things started to look brighter again this spring I finally decided to finish the theme. It has been tested with CbB 2018.08 and also works with the last version of SONAR Platinum. However, any design element that has since been added to CbB is of course not available in SONAR (such as the dark PRV).

In Track View some gloss were added and all meters changed to blue, but I decided to keep the grey rubber buttons because I like them.

In Console View I added plastic panels to some Pro Channel modules and I made plastic buttons knobs as well just because I could.

I even made a plastic Quadcurve EQ flyout, but maybe I’d started to go overboard there. All other views have been updated as well.

If anyone would like to download this theme it can either be found in the Software forum’s Resources and Utilities thread or directly from here: https://app.box.com/s/drlmh4wpe0evqft7n7ym583f9mu1gnl3 (thanks Mudgel and Elffin).

Edit: This link was targeting the original theme which has since been superseded. The links to the latest version of any of the two themes Gran Vista and Carbon, or indeed theme variants, can be found in this post.

Edit: Changed the header to also include Carbon.
2018/09/28 23:07:03
BENT
Nice

2018/09/29 13:26:23
S.L.I.P.
Thanks!
2018/09/29 14:10:19
oxrabidus
I downloaded the theme, but how do I get it to show up on my themes list in Cakewalk?
2018/09/29 14:17:36
Rbh
That's clever work, nice contrast and detail.

2018/09/29 16:11:26
TheSteven
oxrabidus
I downloaded the theme, but how do I get it to show up on my themes list in Cakewalk?

Via the Cakewalk Theme editor - installable from BandLab Assistant under Cakewalk on Apps tab (use dropdown arrow by Open button).

You can run Theme Editor from desktop icon or
from within Cakewalk:
Go to Edit > Preferences > Customization - Themes, select the theme you want to edit, then click Edit.

To copy/install theme in correct folder:
Run Cakewalk Theme Editor, click on Open icon - that will open the Cakewalk Themes folder and you can drag n drop theme file directly from downloaded zip into folder.

To install theme you want
Go to Edit > Preferences > Customization - Themes, select the theme you want.
2018/09/29 16:12:20
TheSteven
Btw - theme looks very nice.

2018/09/29 16:19:48
scook
TheSteven
oxrabidus

Via the Cakewalk Theme editor - installable from BandLab Assistant under Cakewalk on Apps tab (use dropdown arrow by Open button).

Or copy the theme into the "Cakewalk Themes" folder under "Cakewalk Content." The default path is "C:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Themes"

There is no need to install the theme editor unless you want to create or make changes to a theme.
2018/09/29 16:28:05
TheSteven
much simpler...
2018/09/29 16:46:31
Skyline_UK
Many thanks, using it now!

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account