• SONAR
  • Shiny New Themes: Gran Vista & Carbon [Updated to 2018.11] (p.3)
2018/09/30 14:11:10
MarianoGF
I'm a bit tired of the dark GUI tendence of the latest DAWs versions, but I have to recognize that you did a great job and I will download it. It's beautiful, the best I saw. Congratulations.
2018/09/30 14:36:28
rcklln
Looks very nice Canopus thank you I am still using 2017.01 but once I get to installing CbB I'll be sure to use this theme.

Edit: Decided to try it on 2017.01 - looks good and works fine - thanks again
2018/09/30 17:43:07
subtlearts
I like it! It's funny how these trends come and go - 2D, 3D, skeumorphism, flat, material... hard to keep up. But since I basically ignore all trends in music itself, I think I can safely ignore trends in software design, and just use what looks good to me at any given moment... and this looks pretty good!
2018/10/01 00:36:37
chris.r
Kamikaze
soens
Just what I need. More shiny black plastic stuff. I'd be afraid to touch it for fear scuffs & scratches would sully the shiny surface...

When you install it, it comes with a thin layer of clear plastic, you have took to peel off.

yeah can make a hard time for those with touchscreen, when trying to avoid leaving any finger marks
2018/10/01 23:30:51
Brian Walton
I couldn't use this for "real world" due to the way it basically simulates glare on plastic (and my eyes wouldn't be able to take starting at that all the time).  But as an art piece, extremely well done!
2018/10/02 00:45:02
Sidroe
Thanks, Brian!! I thought it was just me. I really love this theme but for some reason the simulated glare is really distracting to my eye. I can't explain why other than maybe it's the angle in relation to the eq window above it. I would absolutely use this as my goto if you make a version without the glare area on it. I am using this one and can't tell you enough what a great job was done on this theme. I hope he considers doing a version without the glare on it.
2018/10/02 00:47:57
clintmartin
I like it. It's pretty!
Maybe just a little less glare?
2018/10/02 08:40:03
Canopus
Brian Walton
I couldn't use this for "real world" due to the way it basically simulates glare on plastic (and my eyes wouldn't be able to take starting at that all the time).  But as an art piece, extremely well done!

Sidroe
Thanks, Brian!! I thought it was just me. I really love this theme but for some reason the simulated glare is really distracting to my eye. I can't explain why other than maybe it's the angle in relation to the eq window above it. I would absolutely use this as my goto if you make a version without the glare area on it. I am using this one and can't tell you enough what a great job was done on this theme. I hope he considers doing a version without the glare on it.

clintmartin
I like it. It's pretty!
Maybe just a little less glare?

I hear you. And I take it that it's the Pro Channel modules you are mainly talking about and not the more diffuse gloss on e.g. the control bar and buttons?

I felt when doing it that it might have been a bit over the top and I can appreciate why some would consider it a distraction. However, it’s no problem for me to either completely remove the Pro Channel glare or make it less visible, as that plastic gloss is placed in a separate Photoshop layer that either can be easily hidden or have its opacity reduced. Removing the glare altogether I personally think would make it a bit boring, while reducing the opacity would make the effect more subtle but still keep somewhat of a plastic look-and-feel.

But who am I to say how much gloss would be the right amount of gloss? I think I’ll let the end users decide. Here are a few options. To the far left there’s no gloss at all and to the far right you can see how it currently looks. So what do you say? Let the voting begin!

As a side note I may add that none of the glare in the current theme spills into the upper display area of the Pro Channel modules as I didn’t want to lower the contrast by adding glare to the “glass”. It’s only the area with the buttons and knobs that’s got that extra gloss.

2018/10/02 09:31:25
TheSteven
I wouldn't mind have 2 versions 0% and 60%.
If I had to go with only one I'd go with 0%.
The 100% is just too distracting for me.
2018/10/02 09:54:46
optimus
Canopus, Love the new theme, but have you noticed that on bounce to track, the progress window goes black with no indication of progress.

Cheers

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account