• SONAR
  • Shiny New Themes: Gran Vista & Carbon [Updated to 2018.11] (p.4)
2018/10/02 10:38:51
KPerry
I'm loving it too (apart from clip colours, which I've reverted to my own settings which have followed me round since 8.x :-)).  I'd also vote for 60% if you're doing another one, although I don't find 100% bad at all.
2018/10/02 10:51:57
Canopus
optimus
Canopus, Love the new theme, but have you noticed that on bounce to track, the progress window goes black with no indication of progress.

Cheers

Ah, thanks for pointing that out. Must have been a late night mishap. I will rectify this of course, but by far the quickest way to fix this problem would be for you to do it yourself. Just follow these simple steps:
  1. Make sure that you have the Mercury or Tungsten theme currently selected in SONAR Platinum/CbB (or really any theme except Gran Vista Black & Blue).
  2. Start the Theme Editor.
  3. In the Theme Editor, open the Gran Vista Black & Blue theme.
  4. In the left hand treeview, navigate to Theme > Control Bar > Modules > Transport.
  5. In the right hand pane, right-click on the image “Viewport Background” and select Remove. That will restore the version that came with Mercury.
  6. Click Save.
  7. Switch back to SONAR/CbB and reselect the Gran Vista theme.
Now the progress bar should look as intended.

2018/10/02 12:10:40
Sidroe
I vote 0% opacity! Boring is good for me. I spend more time looking at the work area than the GUI if it's boring. Tee-hee
2018/10/02 14:21:54
PJH
Fantastic! Really good work and thanks for the effort!

Cheers,

Peter.
2018/10/02 19:16:55
Brian Walton
Canopus

I hear you. And I take it that it's the Pro Channel modules you are mainly talking about and not the more diffuse gloss on e.g. the control bar and buttons?

I felt when doing it that it might have been a bit over the top and I can appreciate why some would consider it a distraction. However, it’s no problem for me to either completely remove the Pro Channel glare or make it less visible, as that plastic gloss is placed in a separate Photoshop layer that either can be easily hidden or have its opacity reduced. Removing the glare altogether I personally think would make it a bit boring, while reducing the opacity would make the effect more subtle but still keep somewhat of a plastic look-and-feel.

But who am I to say how much gloss would be the right amount of gloss? I think I’ll let the end users decide. Here are a few options. To the far left there’s no gloss at all and to the far right you can see how it currently looks. So what do you say? Let the voting begin!

As a side note I may add that none of the glare in the current theme spills into the upper display area of the Pro Channel modules as I didn’t want to lower the contrast by adding glare to the “glass”. It’s only the area with the buttons and knobs that’s got that extra gloss.

0% looks the best to me for real world use.  

Both the control bar and the prochannel.  Sometimes "boring" is ok.  The way I would think about it is that is the "background" so it should't stand out. 

Even at 30% the background start competing visually with the foreground (i.e knobs) which should be more the center of attention.  And with the line my eye is drawn to the lower left instead of being more "neutral" across the options, and that effect only intensifies the higher the opacity.  

(again, nice work)
2018/10/02 20:03:46
Skyline_UK
I like the shininess! Is it possible to offer three versions, say? 

2018/10/02 22:52:36
melmyers
Another vote for 0% opacity on prochannel modules. I like the reflective look on the control bar, but the shine on the prochannel makes me squint too much when trying to change settings. 

2018/10/02 23:58:34
chris.r
vote for between 30-50% opacity

also Console Emulation in ProChannel has old default (tungsten) gui here - is that for a reason?

cheers
2018/10/03 03:53:50
rcklln
I noticed the default track icons look a little off - like the overlay is too small but otherwise I am really enjoying this theme. Kind of like a next generation 8.5.

I'd like to see a 0%

2018/10/03 04:15:45
optimus
Canopus
optimus
Canopus, Love the new theme, but have you noticed that on bounce to track, the progress window goes black with no indication of progress.

Cheers

Ah, thanks for pointing that out. Must have been a late night mishap. I will rectify this of course, but by far the quickest way to fix this problem would be for you to do it yourself. Just follow these simple steps:
  1. Make sure that you have the Mercury or Tungsten theme currently selected in SONAR Platinum/CbB (or really any theme except Gran Vista Black & Blue).
  2. Start the Theme Editor.
  3. In the Theme Editor, open the Gran Vista Black & Blue theme.
  4. In the left hand treeview, navigate to Theme > Control Bar > Modules > Transport.
  5. In the right hand pane, right-click on the image “Viewport Background” and select Remove. That will restore the version that came with Mercury.
  6. Click Save.
  7. Switch back to SONAR/CbB and reselect the Gran Vista theme.
Now the progress bar should look as intended.

Thank you. Fixed.

Cheers

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account