• SONAR
  • Shiny New Themes: Gran Vista & Carbon [Updated to 2018.11] (p.5)
2018/10/03 05:42:53
Canopus
Thanks for your votes, guys. I think this poll indicates that one size certainly doesn’t fit all; there should be a few alternatives. So most likely there will be three flavours: one without the glossy Pro Channel details, one with 60% opacity and also the original with 100% opacity. Ok, I’ll see what I can do. Might take a few days though as I do this in my spare time.  

And there might even be quite a different fourth option, not sure yet...
2018/10/03 06:14:30
Canopus
chris.r
vote for between 30-50% opacity

also Console Emulation in ProChannel has old default (tungsten) gui here - is that for a reason?

cheers

Unfortunately only four of the Pro Channel modules are contained inside themes and the Console Emulator is not one of them. What you see there is not the Tungsten GUI but the only GUI there is.
2018/10/03 09:33:41
Skyline_UK
Canopus
optimus
Canopus, Love the new theme, but have you noticed that on bounce to track, the progress window goes black with no indication of progress.

Cheers

Ah, thanks for pointing that out. Must have been a late night mishap. I will rectify this of course, but by far the quickest way to fix this problem would be for you to do it yourself. Just follow these simple steps:
  1. Make sure that you have the Mercury or Tungsten theme currently selected in SONAR Platinum/CbB (or really any theme except Gran Vista Black & Blue).
  2. Start the Theme Editor.
  3. In the Theme Editor, open the Gran Vista Black & Blue theme.
  4. In the left hand treeview, navigate to Theme > Control Bar > Modules > Transport.
  5. In the right hand pane, right-click on the image “Viewport Background” and select Remove. That will restore the version that came with Mercury.
  6. Click Save.
  7. Switch back to SONAR/CbB and reselect the Gran Vista theme.
Now the progress bar should look as intended.

I don't seem to have the Theme Editor installed (?). Will this amendment be included in a future release of this theme?  Many thanks!

2018/10/03 10:28:17
optimus
Skyline_UK
Canopus
optimus
Canopus, Love the new theme, but have you noticed that on bounce to track, the progress window goes black with no indication of progress.

Cheers

Ah, thanks for pointing that out. Must have been a late night mishap. I will rectify this of course, but by far the quickest way to fix this problem would be for you to do it yourself. Just follow these simple steps:
  1. Make sure that you have the Mercury or Tungsten theme currently selected in SONAR Platinum/CbB (or really any theme except Gran Vista Black & Blue).
  2. Start the Theme Editor.
  3. In the Theme Editor, open the Gran Vista Black & Blue theme.
  4. In the left hand treeview, navigate to Theme > Control Bar > Modules > Transport.
  5. In the right hand pane, right-click on the image “Viewport Background” and select Remove. That will restore the version that came with Mercury.
  6. Click Save.
  7. Switch back to SONAR/CbB and reselect the Gran Vista theme.
Now the progress bar should look as intended.

I don't seem to have the Theme Editor installed (?). Will this amendment be included in a future release of this theme?  Many thanks!

Skyline, the theme editor is still available to download using the old CCC installer. Did mine this morning without any problems.

Cheers
2018/10/03 10:39:26
Canopus
Skyline_UK

I will of course include the fix in the next theme update. The Theme Editor solution mentioned above is only necessary if you would like to fix the progress bar issue yourself until that happens.

2018/10/03 16:49:19
Morten Saether [Cakewalk]
Canopus
I spotted a small issue in Tungsten. The button “Cell MIDI Trigger Enable” in the Matrix view lacks the menu drop-down indicator in the lower right corner

Good catch. This has been updated for the next release.

2018/10/04 11:00:37
Moxica
Nice! Thanks! :)
2018/10/04 15:10:57
Sixfinger
I'm lovin' you theme. Very slick!
2018/10/05 02:49:46
whattarush
Very Nice!!! I think I'll rock this one for a while!!!
2018/10/05 11:54:14
TheSteven
Skyline_UK

In BandLab Assistant click on the dropdown arrow next to the Open button (bottom right under Cakewalk image) and select Install Add-ons.
There you'll see an option to install the Theme Editor (as well as Studio instruments Suite, Drum Replacer, and Melodyne).
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account