• SONAR
  • Shiny New Themes: Gran Vista & Carbon [Updated to 2018.11] (p.7)
2018/11/09 15:12:19
Canopus
Thank you guys for all your comments! As some of you apparently use the Gran Vista or Carbon themes, I intend to post the updates I’ll have to do for my own use whenever additions to the CbB user interface are being done in the future. These updates may not be posted in this forum as it’s said soon to be shuffled off this mortal coil, but once that happens hopefully in some other forum near you.

Matching CA-2A skins
Those of you using the Gran Vista or Carbon themes and also the PC-2A module might find that the module’s brushed aluminum stands out like a sore thumb against the dark theme. As I lately needed to spend some quality time with my procrastinations, I’ve created matching dark skins for each of the four theme variants, plastic knobs and all. For consistency, I also did likewise with the non-ProChannel effect (not shown here).

As CA-2A predates SONAR/CbB themes and hasn’t been made aware of them, replacing the default skin can’t be done through a theme update. It involves some manual tweaking, but it’s still very easy. Instructions on how to install and uninstall the graphic resources are supplied in a pdf that comes with the zip file. After downloading, please begin by reading these instructions before you proceed.

The zip file containing all the matching CA-2A skins can be fetched here:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmXDCxaGb7JEdYUVehZD7U-0cMY

Gran Vista Black & Blue 030

Additionally, some of you have asked for a Gran Vista Black & Blue theme with only 30% gloss. Your wait is over and you can find the new link among all the others in this post.

2018/11/09 23:37:43
stratman70
That looks great! Thanks for doing that.....
2018/11/10 07:36:23
Euthymia
Mm, when I'm in the mood for a dark theme, it's Carbon for me, because there's something about it that's so black, it's like how much more black could it be?

And the answer is none. None more black.
2018/11/10 07:55:27
jerrydf
Euthymia
Mm, when I'm in the mood for a dark theme, it's Carbon for me, because there's something about it that's so black, it's like how much more black could it be?
And the answer is none. None more black.

Black. Always a safe colour.

2018/11/11 16:23:31
Johnbee58
I put this on today.  Beautiful!!

John B
2018/11/11 23:31:21
DeeringAmps
I'm lovin' Carbon!

T
2018/11/12 13:37:01
Pragi
Thank you for creating wonderful themes.
2018/11/13 15:02:16
kitekrazy1
Do these work in Bandlab?
2018/11/13 15:30:14
DeeringAmps
Yep! Works in CbB
Install per Steve's instructions below...

scook
TheSteven
oxrabidus
I downloaded the theme, but how do I get it to show up on my themes list in Cakewalk?

Via the Cakewalk Theme editor - installable from BandLab Assistant under Cakewalk on Apps tab (use dropdown arrow by Open button).

Or copy the theme into the "Cakewalk Themes" folder under "Cakewalk Content." The default path is "C:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Themes"

There is no need to install the theme editor unless you want to create or make changes to a theme.

Your "Cakewalk Content" may be on a different drive.
T
2018/11/13 21:44:29
fitzj
Very nice Theme. Many thanks
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account