2018/10/17 14:13:16
Starise
Gotta hand it to the man for doing what he loves to do, being willing to quit the day job. Takes a lot of cahoonaas.

Thanks for sharing the video.

2018/10/18 15:05:57
Randy P
I did it for 1 summer in 1977 in LA at the Redondo Beach pier. Purely for survival. I was living in a Toyota Corolla that I kept parked in the pier parking lot. I was 17 and had just graduated high school. It was a great experience. Times were different then. Several times per week someone would come by with a guitar or harmonica and just start jamming with me or singing harmony for an hour or so. Not a single one of them would accept any of the donations we got.
Those days left me with a great appreciation for those who do it. Every summer I make at least one trip to NYC and I always carve out a Saturday afternoon to roam around Central Park to check out the buskers. If you haven't done it, I highly recommend it. There are folks out there as good as anything you'll hear on the radio.
2018/10/18 15:28:57
jyoung60
Randy P
I did it for 1 summer in 1977 ... I was 17 ...

The same summer I got my first gig, and I was also 17. Different world then for sure.  Wouldn't mind being in that world again.
2018/10/18 23:47:24
Wayfarer
jyoung60
Randy P
I did it for 1 summer in 1977 ... I was 17 ...

The same summer I got my first gig, and I was also 17. Different world then for sure.  Wouldn't mind being in that world again.

I turned 18 in March of that year and spent the summer at Fort Dix wishing I were busking somewhere . . . anywhere.

Bill
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account