2018/10/19 21:40:59
57Gregy
I was watching Classic Albums: Machine Head on AXS TV the other day, and something Ritchie Blackmore said near the end struck me.
He was discussing popular music and what it took to be successful;
"I'm very skeptical about what's a hit today and what isn't. And people, I think, mix up popularity with success, and to be successful, you have to be a good musician; to be popular, you have to just be fashionable."
It was a good show, especially when the band talked about what they had to do if they wanted to listen to a take they had just recorded.
Plus, they played excerpts from one song which was left off the album, a ballad, and when the lead guitar played, I thought it was David Gilmour. Must have been the Strat thing.
2018/10/20 20:06:22
jamesg1213
Saw that episode a few years ago, it's a good one.  Can't warm to Blackmore at all though, I've watched a few interviews lately and he comes across as a bit of an arse, especially when talking about other guitar players.
2018/10/21 15:04:43
bapu
jamesg1213
Saw that episode a few years ago, it's a good one.  Can't warm to Blackmore at all though, I've watched a few interviews lately and he comes across as a bit of an arse, especially when talking about other guitar players.

What he said 
2018/10/21 15:16:49
57Gregy
jamesg1213

I have read that since, well, back when Gillan and Glover left the band in '74 or so. I don't recall ever even hearing Blackmore speak until this show. 
About that ballad that didn't make the cut, the two Ians said "Ritchie no likey". 
2018/10/22 15:15:00
batsbrew

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account