• Software
  • Guitar Tablature Editing Software? (p.2)
2018/10/24 17:09:51
BobF
Guitar Pro has a demo version available.  Not sure about Notion.

There is also MuseScore which is a freebie -- https://musescore.com/
2018/10/24 18:20:49
bayoubill
Are Neck diagrams and Guitar Pro prescriptions that have to be renewed every year to be used?
2018/10/24 22:28:38
bayoubill
I tried Neck Diagrams but I couldn't get it to generate a chord scale. That's what I'm looking for. I want to write a chord or scale and have the program generate all those notes to the next scale degrees in that scale and then transpose it to different keys and modes etc.
2018/10/24 23:23:31
TheSteven
The Neck Diagrams Pro version is required for the Scale Generator Wizard.
Here's a video of using it:
https://youtu.be/_33TR3MqaUo

if you buy the current version you're covered for all updates till release of v2.0 (no idea when that will be).
Also - I think last year at Black Friday they had a 50% discount but that's a month away for something that may or may not happen.
2018/10/25 05:47:07
bayoubill
Thanks Steve! I'm looking for a program that will generate uncommon and self made 3 or note chord forms that I can transpose to different Major and minor modes up and down the neck. 
I tried Guitar Pro and that's a music manuscript program. Not what I need. I'm searching for up to 15 fret tabs so I can do uncommon chord progressions and chord scales up the neck on 3 and 4 note string combinations. 
Thanks for the info!
2018/10/25 14:21:31
mettelus
Hmmm, are you looking for actual TAB or a neck view of the notes? Reason I ask is that a few folks have scripted Excel files to do similar (although I have not stress-tested those in this way). "xlguitar.xls" was one of these, which will do a lot of cool things, but will NOT generate any TAB, notation, or otherwise... it is just another way to look at and manipulate notes on the neck.

I just downloaded it and requires a VBA converter to use in Excel 2016, but worked fine in older Excel versions. It is actually a very old file, so is cached by Google, and linked to this guy (his main page). I have not looked at Excel things out there, but some folks have done very similar if that is what you are really seeking.
2018/10/25 16:19:25
bayoubill
I don't know if there is a program that does it right now. I've seen software that  can transpose single chords and scales to common major and minor keys. An algorithm that would take a chord ,no matter which intervals are there, and take it it through the scale to create a chord scale I haven't seen yet. Also be able to transpose that to any major and minor key. 
Example -  quartal harmonies of a melodic minor scale with a specific voicing used as a half diminished chord. Or altered dominant or Maj7#11 and be able to transpose it into any key or mode etc. 

Finding a chord voicing that sounds good and use it in my playing for any function. Same for scales. I do that manually right now but it takes away from my playing time and I Am NOT getting any younger!   time is not on my side
With chronic amnesia plus exceptionally decreased brain capacity not to mention being older than dirt now. 

I'd rather  be  playing than figuring!

2018/10/25 17:18:46
bayoubill
I think Neck Diagrams may just work for me. I'm going to get the trial version and check it out. 
Thanks guys for the info!!!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account