• Software
  • Help me with a Leslie sim shootout? (p.3)
2018/10/26 14:40:56
Zo
Also there s non official leslie cabinet in amplitube , inwonder if it s the same as the keslie endorsed one , or the latter is using new technology eçt ...
2018/10/26 15:03:03
bitflipper
You'll notice that none of these Leslie sims mention the name "Leslie" at all. That's a trademarked brand name owned by Suzuki. Hence the imaginative allegories such as "Spin" and "Rotor".

Properly simulating the rotary speaker electronically or digitally has proven to be elusive. It is an acoustical effect, meaning it happens in air. Just putting a microphone on a real Leslie gives you an entirely different experience than hearing a Leslie interact with the room with your own ears.

I have a hardware unit called the Ventilator that does a very good job, but you'd never confuse it with the sound of a real Leslie. Likewise for the pretty good Leslie that's built in to VB3, or the very nice-sounding MVintageRotary. 
2018/10/26 15:29:43
jude77
You gotta post a link to the article.  I'd love to hear all of these.
2018/10/26 16:53:31
Zo
bitflipper
You'll notice that none of these Leslie sims mention the name "Leslie" at all. That's a trademarked brand name owned by Suzuki. Hence the imaginative allegories such as "Spin" and "Rotor".

Properly simulating the rotary speaker electronically or digitally has proven to be elusive. It is an acoustical effect, meaning it happens in air. Just putting a microphone on a real Leslie gives you an entirely different experience than hearing a Leslie interact with the room with your own ears.

I have a hardware unit called the Ventilator that does a very good job, but you'd never confuse it with the sound of a real Leslie. Likewise for the pretty good Leslie that's built in to VB3, or the very nice-sounding MVintageRotary. 

The one from Ik is officialy endorsed , nope ?
2018/10/26 21:07:03
dmbaer
Zo
The one from Ik is officialy endorsed , nope ?

Correct.  It's called "The Leslie Collection" ("Collection" because it's one plug-in but that has six models on tap).
2018/10/26 23:48:02
Kev999
I've just dug out the MDA Leslie and reinstalled it. The DLL file's datestamp is 2002 and I don't think that it has ever been updated. Anyway I tried it but the GUI would not display properly and I was not able to change any of the parameters from the default settings.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account