• SONAR
  • Check for update at startup?
2018/12/11 13:28:53
rogeriodec
Since there is no more information in this forum about any new version in CbB, I would like to know if there is an option to check for update at startup (something that happens in most software)?
2018/12/11 13:30:49
lapasoa
+1
2018/12/11 14:05:54
rogeriodec
scook
Show Update Notifications
http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=0x22B06

Great, but this does not seem to be working, at least I was not alerted to this last update (2018.11), which I had to manually download through the Bandlab assistant.

2018/12/11 14:27:41
Jesse G
rogeriodec

Great, but this does not seem to be working, at least I was not alerted to this last update (2018.11), which I had to manually download through the Bandlab assistant.

Same here. I receive no notification via CbB assistant pertaining to updates and the box for update notifications is checked.

2018/12/11 16:46:56
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
Unless you had unchecked show notifications CbB should have shown an "Update Available" toast notification that the update was available. It was definitely working here.
This is the preferred way to check for updates since you will get the notification immediately on launching the app.
2018/12/11 17:33:06
Cactus Music
I'm the opposite and I don't want anything looking on the internet unless I tell it to. I always disable software notifications and simply deal with it manually when I have a rainy day. 
If you visit this forum even just once a week you'll certainly be aware of important updates. 
2018/12/11 18:08:23
rogeriodec
Unless you had unchecked show notifications CbB should have shown an "Update Available" toast notification that the update was available. It was definitely working here.
This is the preferred way to check for updates since you will get the notification immediately on launching the app.

When you say 'toast notification' is something like this?:

Because this is a generic warning and as there are always many, we do not always pay attention. The ideal would be a central popup with user confirmation, as it happens in most software.
2018/12/11 19:26:39
The popup stays on screen and is very easily visible. I think there was an issue where the back end was not reporting the correct version to the 09 release which is why you didn't see it. It will get resolved soon...
2018/12/11 23:45:58
mkerl
I like the toast notifications better than a popup with confirmation. And I've no problem with Internet connection and Background Update checking, since Cakewalk now is part of the Bandlab Network. The only thing I don't like is Chrome, but that's another story.

Cheers 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account