• SONAR
  • Unwanted crossfade
2018/12/13 03:26:35
TimV
I tried to paste a section of a track (audio) over an earlier part of the track. It is set to replace old with new. When I make the paste, the entire clip, about twelve measures, has a linear fade out from the beginning to the end. Automatic crossfade is not selected.

I've done at least one paste in this same piece before without this happening. However, this is the first time I've done it since the recent update. Any idea what's going on here?
2018/12/13 03:54:24
bitman
I forget when that annoyance was introduced, x2? maybe x3 anyway we both probly have something turned on we shouldn't. I've been just putting up with it.
2018/12/13 17:35:27
TimV
I opened the project in Platinum and the same thing happened.

I tried the same procedure on a different track (back in CbB) and it worked the way it's supposed to, without the fade. What a relief.

As an experiment, I created a new track to paste the section to. It showed up without the fade. I copied that clip and pasted it to the original track and it behaved properly, without the fade. 

Most peculiar. At least I have a workaround if it happens again.
2018/12/13 18:54:03
brundlefly
Next time just show lanes, and paste or drag-drop to the same lane (or a new one if you want sound on sound with no crossfade). Auto-crossfades only happen when pasting in the 'parent' track, so pasting to lanes should avoid this problem whether auto-crossfade has inadvertently been left on or is behaving as though it is.
2018/12/13 19:50:52
TimV
Thanks for the advice.

The strange thing is that it's never happened before, using the same procedure, and it was only on this one track.

I'm not even sure it was a crossfade, since it was just one long fade out, only on that clip, without a matching fade in anywhere else.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account