2011/08/12 09:12:56
Miasma
I have EZDrummer, and I see a few places are offering some of the expansion packs for $40 this week.  For anyone who already owns some of these expansions:

1. Is the Nashville EZX worth the price?  I don't really write country music, but I assume drums and drums and it should work well enough for rock/pop/etc.  I'm just wondering if the quality is different enough from the drums that come with EZDrummer to make it worth $40. 

2. Anyone using the Electronic EZX?  It seems like it could be interesting to play around with, but I'd be curious to hear opinions on it from people who are currently using it.

Thanks.

2011/08/12 19:11:53
r_baeyens
You could use the Nashville expansion to play any music, of course. It's a great sounding drumkit, with samples of sticks, brushes and fingers!

For rock and pop you would do well to concider 'the Classic' expansion. It provides 3 complete classic drumkits from the 70's and 80's (Noble & Cooley, Yamaha, and Craviotto) and they sound awsome. (No brushes here, but 3 full kits). 
The sound is very different from the standard GMS-kit. The GMS-kit is more agressive, more 'rock', while the 'classic' kits (especially the Noble & Cooley) sound more acoustic and organic (in my opinion anyway...).

2011/08/13 13:20:59
DigitalArchivist
I have the Electronic kit for EZDrummer. The interface itself when you load the kit isn't to my liking, but there's a large number of synthed drum kits and drum machines such as the TR-808 and TR-909. As an alternative and complement to the Electronic Kit I'd recommend the Twisted Kit. It's always fun to load a kit and then use the grooves from a different kit to see what you can come up.
2011/08/13 15:07:36
NashvilleKat1968
I own some of the expansions and the Nashville kit is one I go to again and again (and not just because of the name).  The music I record is very diverse. I record diverse styles - bluegrass, country, rock, etc., and find myself going to the Nashville kit very often. Like the above mentioned vintage kit expansion, the drums are very organic. The 14" Black Beauty snare is worth the price alone in my opinion. One cool feature about the EZ Drummer line is that you can choose a kit but aren't locked into the grooves for that kit only. You can choose the Nashville or Vintage expansion and use them to play the grooves from any of the other kits.

Bottom line - the expansions are different enough to be worth the money. Not only do you get new drum kits but many new grooves as well.
2011/08/13 15:55:23
mixmkr
Nashville sounds good for basic drums...kinda like the EZ drum kit..

In my sig, I use the electronic set almost in all the songs.. but it is layered way back in there and adds like a tamborine, HH...shakers, etc..  I LOVE it and WHEN you layer it, the drums become a whole different animal.  If you like the sounds the kit might offer (see the toontrack tutorial) it is indespensible.   Alone...you need some experience getting it to be the main kit, imo.  LOTS of great sounds, but a tad hard to find.  Make some presets, that's what I did.
2011/08/13 15:58:30
mixmkr
The first song, btw... "the Prize"... has a breakdown in the middle of the song, with just the electronic ezx, but actually is playing thru the whole song.

the long intro to "My Light" is all elec ezx as well...  you can really hear the kit good in that section.  All the weirdo sounds are toontrack's.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account