2013/01/20 18:34:16
cclarry
I can get the L3-16 right now for $140...that's $410 less then normal price.
Major bonus will be it will drop my upgrade to Platinum by $100 or more...

I've downloaded the Demo and the presets sound REALLY good...

Just wondering what the opinions are here...I've read REALLY great reviews...and really bad
reviews...and I'm sure that's due to "usage"

Just curious to hear what you guys think...

2013/01/20 19:16:47
Rain
I think there's a lot of people out there bashing Waves plugs because so many rave about them. They just love to hate them.

I've not tried the L3, but I do like the L1 (which gets the same type of split reviews). That being said, of all the Waves plug-ins I've tried and worked w/, the quality is always there. They are very consistent.

I could probably work w/ only Waves and McDSP - and my Lexicon reverb. In fact, it's pretty much all I use these days, besides bundled plugs.

2013/01/21 14:23:48
Kroneborge
I've always been very happy with the Ozone package
2013/01/21 15:26:00
batsbrew
i use the L2 as my mastering limiter

really like it.

it works well as bus limiters as well

and perfect for bass tracks

have never used the L3, much like Kroneborge.
heheh

2013/01/21 15:33:03
Eddie TX
$140 still seems pretty steep for just a limiter.  For just a few bucks more, you could get Ozone and have many more features, and IMHO its limiter is second to none.  Try a demo and see for yourself how it compares to the Waves L-series.  Good luck!

Cheers,
Eddie 
2013/01/21 15:52:18
cclarry
Eddie TX

$140 still seems pretty steep for just a limiter.  For just a few bucks more, you could get Ozone and have many more features, and IMHO its limiter is second to none.  Try a demo and see for yourself how it compares to the Waves L-series.  Good luck!

Cheers,
Eddie 

Actually Eddie, the L3-16 is FIVE Limiter/Maximizers....the L3-16 Multimaximizer, the L3-LL Ultra AND Multimaximers, and the L3 Ultra and Multimaximizers, and their predecessors, the L1 and L2, are on more hit records and movies then you could begin to count.  
2013/01/21 15:53:22
cclarry
But I will check out Ozone and see how it stacks up...
2013/01/21 16:15:38
cclarry
Ok...just did a comparison of the Maximizer (loud) setting in Ozone and the same
relative setting in the L3.  To MY ears Ozone adds some color.  It's not as "transparent" 
and doesn't give the "gain" that the L3 does....

Maybe I'm crazy...but that's what I hear...

That being said, there are some nice presets in Ozone.  And it's very straightforward.
2013/01/21 16:19:12
batsbrew
that's the reason i like the Waves stuff so much...

Transparancy
2013/01/21 16:36:40
cclarry
Ok....started messing with the Maximizer presets in Ozone.

I got more gain and retained transparency...

So, I guess I need to look into this a bit more...I'm quite surprised.
It's not even Ozone Advanced.....even more shocking...

Reverb is not very impressive.  Probably have to work with it a bit to get acceptable sound.
Dynamics section is pretty nice.
EQ is nice.

All in all it's a nice package I must admit...

Only disadvantage here is I don't need all the other processors...I have all the reverbs, eq's, 
and etc...so they're redundant....and Ozone doesn't get me any money back  or save me
any money later...

But it's a nice package for sure..although I'm not a fan of the green...can I get the Alloy blue instead? 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account