• Software
  • Ocean Way Drums powered by Accent
2016/05/13 06:25:39
twaddle
I just got an email from Platinum Samples about their new, Ocean Way Drums powered by Accent.

Anyone know any details about Accent? There's no info about it on their site which means there probably isn't any
in existence. Obviously ocean way drums is just the library which all the info pertains to but since it can only be played in PS's new, "Accent" why is there so little info about accent itself?

Rail?

Looks a little BFD3 inspired which of course has to be a good thing.
Interesting though that in addition Drumforge making a new drum VST we now have another contender.

Steve
2016/05/13 07:25:12
smallstonefan
I like their samples, but also wonder if the world needs another drum application...
2016/05/13 07:30:13
twaddle
I know, I'm puzzled by this too.

Rail has worked along side FXpansion for all the time that I've held an account and was a beta tester too.
Looking at the UI it does seem to be laid out in a similar fashion to BFD3 so I'm wondering what it might off that the others don't. Perhaps Rail was a spy all along?

Rail is on here and other forums a lot so should have a very clear picture of peoples needs and requirements and how to please all parties.

I'm also keen to see what Drumforge come up with.

Steve
2016/05/13 09:44:06
gmon72
I was also surprised when I saw Rail's post on gearslutz yesterday.  

Steve, check out the manual for a few more details on Accent

http://platinumsamples.com/accent/manuals/Accent%20Ocean%20Way%20Drums%20Manual.pdf

I agree this is very inspired by BFD3 with the toontrack midi browser thrown in.  

Looks like the plugin supports third party plugins (which in today's day and age of plugin mania is probably a smart move.)

I think I like the slide out concept on the mixer channels.

The manual shows Evil Drums in the library so I expect the PS lineup to be ported over.

Rail hinted that additional content is being worked on in London.  Maybe the fx guys are involved behind the scenes, or maybe it is just someone else in London! 

I like the look of this.  Looks a lot better than the forthcoming SSD5.

2017/07/18 10:01:29
twaddle
Just revisiting this thread and responding to gmon72 post above.

Has anyone bought it (Accent) I wonder?
I just emailed them to see if there's a demo which isn't listed on their product page so I'm guessing there probably isn't. I see Bapu is using it, any reviews Bapu and how does it compare to BFD3?

It looks very similar to me and the only real feature that I would love to see incorporated into BFD3 is the ability to run 3rd party effects. This would almost eliminate the need to route tracks into your sequencer unless you wanted to work on just the audio tracks which I don't.

Steve
2017/07/18 10:34:35
cclarry
I bought it when it came out.  It's very nice.
It even allows you to use your own VST's in the mixer!
But there has been NOTHING for it since I bought
it almost a year ago.  No expansions.  No updates.
2017/07/18 10:59:31
twaddle
It's the ability to use your own vst's that sets it apart from the others and something I'd really like to see in BFD3.

On the whole I'm quite content and therefore reliant on the effects that come with BFD3 but if BFD3 would allow for 3rd party effects like Accent does I'd be very happy indeed.

The only reason I route channels out of BFD3 into sonar is for the purpose of occasionally (seldom) using my own vst's.

I'm surprised there's no demo to try out and disappointed to see it uses iLok but other than the effects and that Ocean Way do put out some lovely sounding kits I don't see any reason to switch from BFD3.

Another 50% sale and some more expansions might help though

Steve
2017/07/18 23:39:12
RailJonRogut
Hi Guys,

We've spent the last year improving and optimizing Accent... and we've been in beta with the changes and the new Galaxy Drums (from Space Cabin Audio) which use Accent.  We're adding one more feature and then we'll start porting the rest of our libraries in the next few weeks.

www.facebook.com/spacecabinaudio

Cheers,

Rail
2017/07/18 23:44:53
cclarry
Another downside is the $50 Transfer Fee if you decide to sell it.
Highest in the market alongside Fxpansion for their products...
2017/07/19 00:09:12
Platinum Samples
My other account wouldn't let me paste links.. so let's see if this is better...

https://www.facebook.com/spacecabinaudio/

Here's Accent on the road being used live with a custom sample library with full bleed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2WhXnVM0f4

To watch in 360 degrees, use Firefox or your mobile phone.

Rail
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account