2016/07/16 12:20:10
vintagevibe
Support told me that multiple outs wasn't implemented yet!  Also it has crashed Cubase twice.
2016/07/16 12:37:50
Glyn Barnes
vintagevibe
Support told me that multiple outs wasn't implemented yet!  Also it has crashed Cubase twice.

In that case, given the pace of development so far I doubt if we will see multiple outs any time soon.

Two and a Half years after taking pre-orders we get a half finished product!
2016/07/16 16:46:09
Leadfoot
What a joke... Why bother releasing it if it doesn't even have the basic functionality that current Kitcore users have been accustomed to for years? This is an embarrassment...
2016/07/20 05:38:07
Glyn Barnes
Support were very helpful and sorted out the problem which was due to them entering my details in the database incorrectly. Every thing is now migrated.

The lack of multi outs is the major disapointment.  It also seems unstable and crashed Sonar again this morning, of course that say its not tested on Windows 10.

It sort of looks unfinished like the CEO stormed in to the development office and said "I have had enough, I want this out on Monday, no ifs, buts or excuses."

The old Kitcore kits sound good dispite the age and you have some sound shaping options, EQ, Compressor and delay and bit crusher on each mixer channel - but only 7 channels. The mixer has a control to select the output so multi out must be on the plan.

Each velocity layer has tune, pan, velocity range, transient shaper etc.

Seems I have a lot of audio loops which I was not expecting, downloading the Alan White ones now. I will need to play around to see how good those are.

All in all though it seems like not enough, much too late.
2017/07/18 15:49:43
Brian Walton
Any updates on how this is working?

Have an upgrade deal for Drum Core 3 users (which I am), but wondering how well it is working on SPLAT.

The Billy Martin Expansion Pack which I have is my favorite drum set (Owner of AD2 multiple sets, Superior Drummer, EZ Drummer, and Drum Core 3, Session Drummer 3) and is the reason I'd upgrade is for 64 bit capabilities.
2017/07/18 17:40:59
Glyn Barnes
Brian Walton

Have an upgrade deal for Drum Core 3 users (which I am), but wondering how well it is working on SPLAT.

The Billy Martin Expansion Pack which I have is my favorite drum set (Owner of AD2 multiple sets, Superior Drummer, EZ Drummer, and Drum Core 3, Session Drummer 3) and is the reason I'd upgrade is for 64 bit capabilities.
It seems to be stable now. The main issue for me is the multi out routing that was added in one of the updates does not work in Sonar. If you only use the audio loops this won't be a major issue but it does reduce the utility of the MIDI kits.
2017/07/19 13:37:11
Brian Walton
Glyn Barnes
Brian Walton

It seems to be stable now. The main issue for me is the multi out routing that was added in one of the updates does not work in Sonar. If you only use the audio loops this won't be a major issue but it does reduce the utility of the MIDI kits.

I'm actually only interested in the MIDI functionality.  I wouldn't install the absurd number of audio loops if it wasn't a requirement on install.  

Thank you for the insight on the multi-out routing, that is certainly a limitation.  
2017/07/19 14:38:47
emeraldsoul
Glyn, abort the mission! Return to base!
2017/07/19 15:50:42
Glyn Barnes
emeraldsoul
Glyn, abort the mission! Return to base!

I have pretty much, its a shame because a lot of the old Submersible content is very good. My initial reason for buying into to the pre-order (just the light version) was to use the old content, particularly the Luis Conte latin kits and MIDI loops by some great drummers.

In the intervening time and a few Toontrack and BFD expansions later that content is not so necessary. The most likely use scenario for me these days is drag out the MIDI and use it with one of my other drum VSTis.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account