• Software
  • [NO] Anyone Using Cake's Studio Devil VGA+ with 64 bit Windows 10?
2017/07/18 05:04:43
soens
It's a VST2 but in SPlat on Windows 10 its dead in the water, here.

edit:
VGA+ (Virtual Guitar Amp Plus) was a Cakewalk Exclusive VST offering from Studio Devil unavailable anywhere else:

... as opposed to the comercialy available VGA's:

2017/07/19 16:08:12
JonD
Forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by Cake's Studio Devil VGA+...?  I'm aware of Overloud TH2/3 bundled with Sonar, but don't remember any connection between CW and the Studio Devil products.    

(Sorry, can't help with your question about Win 10 compatibility as I'm still on Win 8.1).
2017/07/19 19:17:14
bitflipper
Although not a Cakewalk product, it was once bundled with SONAR.
2017/07/20 02:40:30
soens
I got it from the XL Pack with Home Studio 7. The bundled version (VGA+) was a colaberation between Cakewalk and Studio Devil (Gallo Eng.) who wrote it specially for Soar. It could not and cannnot be purchased thru Studio Devil. Current VGA offerings are different.

I found a past post by me from October of last year. Guess I forgot. It works in SHS7 and maybe Sonar 8 32 bit but not SPlat or any other X series 32 or 64 bit.

So I guess the answer is NO.
2017/07/20 03:15:40
JonD
bitflipper
Although not a Cakewalk product, it was once bundled with SONAR.

Ah, okay, thanks.  I've had the full Studio Devil VGA since version 1, so apparently didn't pay much attention to the one included with Sonar.
2017/07/20 11:14:18
chuckebaby
I wonder if you can contact Studio Devil directly Soens.
They might be able to help you out and give you some ideas.
They might even throw you a bone and help you out (possibly give you a 64 bit version).

If all else fails, get Bias FX. It will knock your socks off.
2017/07/21 00:04:52
soens
I did ask SD back in October but forgot. Here's what they said:

you might need to check with the folks at Cakewalk.
as far as we recall, VGA+ was only meant to work with that version of Cakewalk that it shipped with.

You will need to contact their tech support to see what they did to the latest version of Cakewalk that broke the function of VGA+

I recently emailed Cake about it so we'll see. Otherwise, chalk it up as a one hit wonder. I still have SHS7 installed so it's useable there.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account