2011/06/12 14:39:27
chad
jwintermute

Hi

It would be nice if it installed correctly  I've made a post about installing on dual Sonar 32/64-bit systems.

But yeah it's a good expansion pack. And only £29 in the UK. For once Cakewalk aren't overcharging the Brits 

What issue did you have installing?  The pack was thoroughly tested by Cakewalk QA before being added to their store.  As well as many windows beta testers. 

Best Regards,
Chad

2011/06/12 14:48:02
jwintermute
If you have both 32- and 64-bit Rapture installed, the pack only installs to the 64-bit version, and is unavailable in the 32-bit version. Copying a couple of folders fixes it.

I've had the same problem before with other expansion packs.

Cheers, John
2011/06/13 09:20:35
chad
jwintermute

If you have both 32- and 64-bit Rapture installed, the pack only installs to the 64-bit version, and is unavailable in the 32-bit version. Copying a couple of folders fixes it.

I've had the same problem before with other expansion packs.

Cheers, John

Thanks John,

In the future I can look at updating the installers so that you can specify 32 vs 64 file paths instead of it just reading from the registry.  Maybe less confusion for everyone that way. 

Always room to improve installers.  Thanks for the feedback. 
2011/06/14 03:48:35
jwintermute
Thanks Chad.

Installers have a hard job to do in the first place, what with all the possible different configurations people can have. And, as you've correctly ascertained from my posts, my system is a little bit wobbly - I'm not sure I could expect an installer to work that out. 
2011/08/08 10:00:54
chad
Hey guys,

I just wanted to share.  The Universal 120 v2 expansion pack was reviewed in the latest Wusik Sound Magazine.  You can find a link to the article here:

http://issuu.com/wusik/docs/wsm_july_2011/162

Special thanks to Jeffrey Powell, who also frequently ventures on these forums.  :)

Chad
2011/08/08 20:14:20
b rock

... reviewed in the latest Wusik Sound Magazine.

That made my day.  A positive review from someone who really gets the whole concept behind U120.  Thanks to Jeffrey Powell for taking the time to dive in and explore the depths.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account