2011/08/08 01:05:38
vaultwit
I was wondering how much variety there was in the drum selection in Dimension Pro? I do a lot of layering when I create drums, especially the snare. I will layer snare, clap, whie noise, more clap, rimshots, etc. to get the perfect snare sound.  I used to use SampleTank1 which had 20+ electronic drum kits, and like 70+ acoustic kits to choose from. I was wondering if Dimension Pro had that much (or even more, which would be great) variety of drums to choose from?
2011/08/08 09:08:47
r_baeyens
The Dimension Pro has a selection of pro-quality drum sounds, but probably not as much as you would need.

There is however a sound-pack from Digital Sound Factory: the 'Dimension vol. 7 Acoustic Kits', which has almost 500Mb of drumsamples, including 5 full drumkits (Yamaha, Tama, DW, Pearl, Gretch) and a ton of percussion sounds.
Listen to a sample here: http://www.digitalsoundfactory.com/volume-07-dsf-acoustic-kits-cakewalk-dimension/product_info.php/products_id/334 .

2011/08/08 11:15:06
vaultwit
r_baeyens

The Dimension Pro has a selection of pro-quality drum sounds, but probably not as much as you would need.

There is however a sound-pack from Digital Sound Factory: the 'Dimension vol. 7 Acoustic Kits', which has almost 500Mb of drumsamples, including 5 full drumkits (Yamaha, Tama, DW, Pearl, Gretch) and a ton of percussion sounds.
Listen to a sample here: http://www.digitalsoundfactory.com/volume-07-dsf-acoustic-kits-cakewalk-dimension/product_info.php/products_id/334 .

Probably not as much as I would need? How much are we talking here, if you don't mind helping me out a bit? Although acoustic kits are important to me, electronic kits are a little more important... I use them more than acoustic kits...

Thanks in advance.
2011/08/08 14:05:47
r_baeyens
ok.

there are 29 electronic kick samples, 29 electronic snare samples, 29 acoustic kicks and 29 acoustic snares. There seem to be 8 different toms and cymbals for each type. There are 200+ samples of electronic percussion. then you still have 6 pro-drums (these are full kits sampled with multiple velocities).

There's a lot here to make all kinds of music-styles. Dimensio Pro can play almost anything. Remember that Dimension can load any sample you like, so you could even use your old Sampletank sounds and load them into Dimension Pro. Also, any sample you can find on the internet can be used and edited with Dimension Pro. The possibilities are endless.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account