• Software
  • Changes in PhotoBucket? No more third-party sponsoring?
2017/07/17 06:13:22
outland144k
Has anyone else received a note from PhotoBucket stating that there will be no more third-party sponsoring? I'm wondering: what else is available for free or cheap? PhotoBucket wants $40 a month if you want that feature. That's a bit much....
2017/07/17 06:22:32
scook
2017/07/17 06:30:00
outland144k
scook
imgur.com

Thanks, Scook.
2017/07/17 19:12:37
TerraSin
imgur has been going down the tubes lately as well which is why Reddit has started their own image hosting.

I've personally been using OneDrive and I'm going to start using Amazon as another backup since it's unlimited hosting for images with Prime membership.
2017/07/17 20:51:31
Canopus
Maybe a stupid question but what does third-party sponsoring mean in this case? That you won’t be able to link images stored at PhotoBucket from a third-party site? I can see that those images I have uploaded to PhotoBucket are still visible in this forum, but maybe that is about to change?
2017/07/18 01:37:53
outland144k
Canopus
Maybe a stupid question but what does third-party sponsoring mean in this case? That you won’t be able to link images stored at PhotoBucket from a third-party site? I can see that those images I have uploaded to PhotoBucket are still visible in this forum, but maybe that is about to change?

It's posting images to sites (like the Cakewalk forums) from another site. So, yes, you won’t be able to link images stored at PhotoBucket from a third-party site and, yes again, apparently that is about to change.
2017/07/18 01:40:13
outland144k
TerraSin
imgur has been going down the tubes lately as well which is why Reddit has started their own image hosting.

I've personally been using OneDrive and I'm going to start using Amazon as another backup since it's unlimited hosting for images with Prime membership.

Thanks for your suggestion as well. I'll check it out.
Why do you say imgur is "going down the tubes", may I ask?
2017/07/18 02:59:30
SF_Green
I've used Flickr for a while.  No complaints. Free.
2017/07/18 07:07:04
outland144k
As you can see from the bottom of my post, PhotoBucket's new policy has taken effect.

>>sigh....<<

Thanks to those of you who have made suggestions.

I'll get rid of the annoying part of my signature tomorrow.
2017/07/18 11:07:41
mudgel
outland144k
As you can see from the bottom of my post, PhotoBucket's new policy has taken effect.

>>sigh....<<

Thanks to those of you who have made suggestions.

I'll get rid of the annoying part of my signature tomorrow.

Wish you'd use a font size that matches the forum's. I've always got to squint reading your posts.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account