2011/08/05 10:44:03
Mystic38
Hi Brian!..

A great surprise this morning over my Starbucks was to see the release.. made my day..:)

so its purchased and downloaded...

Now, my question on arps was not whether I can input my own sequence patterns.. (which i recall was available on Z1.5) tho this i may well do now, particularly due to the standalone mode..(which i really appreciate btw), but it more of a question whether Z2 can output its arp midi data.. so that i can bounce the sequence into Sonar X1...

In Z1.5 this was not possible and so it was a complete PITA to integrate a sequenced pattern from Z1.5 into a composition.. I needed to reverse engineer the pattern/chord structure in order to (for example) make a gated chord or bass pattern to fit with a lead arp sequence from Z1.5.. and by the time i spent hours doing this all the ideas had gone...lol

This is a much needed feature to smooth my flow (and others according to multiple threads in the forum), and would allow me to take real and full advantage of Z2..

thx, Ian

oh..p.s. I was guilty initially of being lazy and confusing arps and sequences... so, on the subject of real arp patterns (not sequences), .. can Z2 actually load user arp patterns?.. this would be way cool.. not important, like midi out of sequences.. but cool..:D

Brian Desmond [Cakewalk
]

Hi Mystic38,

You can load your own customer MIDI arps in Z2 :)

2011/08/07 08:33:40
justintonation
 Ok thanks for checking! I've done 2 feature request about this a few weeks ago and posted on this forum and others, but have received no reply at all from someone at cakewalk. I guess I can forget about microtonality in cakewalk products from now on.. this sadly means no more cakewalk for me.
2011/08/07 12:15:06
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
I've done 2 feature request about this a few weeks ago and posted on this forum and others, but have received no reply at all from someone at cakewalk.

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for any confusion.  We don't respond to every feature request but we do read and review every single one of them.  Unfortunately we couldn't keep scala support in Z3TA+ 2 but we do hear you loud and clear.
2011/08/07 15:07:34
1 2 Many
Brian Desmond [Cakewalk
]

Hi Mystic38,

You can load your own customer MIDI arps in Z2 :)

That's cool and all - but not what he was after. (See Mystic38's last post above as well)    I constantly run into this when using Z3TA presets that use an arp - having to reverse engineer the arp back to the actual midi notes in order to tweak a particular arp pattern to a song.

Midi Out of the Arp would greatly ease this problem.
2011/08/07 15:35:17
1 2 Many
Information that should be in the User Manual

MIDI import:
How to create a Midi file that will work properly
What MIDI data is read/preserved?
The old import read these parameters:
1- Note On, Note Off
2- Velocity (z3ta+ patch should take care of -what- velocity does).
3- Pitch Bend (z3ta+ patch should set the pitch bend range to required and any extra assignment of it).
4- Polyphonic aftertouch.
All other events in the .mid file were filtered out (metaevents, aftertouch, controllers, etc.)

Is that info still valid?

Wav file import: 
The old specs were - The wave files must be mono, up to 64k samples, in any samplerate. (which I think was incomplete since it won't load 24 bit files only 16bit and an outdated 32 bit format)

What are the new requirments?

While on the subject - I concur with waveboy about how tedious  loading and previewing the USER waves is.  I was really hoping that aspect would be improved.  The ability to set a directory for each USER WAV and click scroll through the wavs (like you can click scroll the oscill.set wavs would be a godsend
2011/08/07 22:31:13
justintonation
Willy Jones [Cakewalk
]

I've done 2 feature request about this a few weeks ago and posted on this forum and others, but have received no reply at all from someone at cakewalk.

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for any confusion.  We don't respond to every feature request but we do read and review every single one of them.  Unfortunately we couldn't keep scala support in Z3TA+ 2 but we do hear you loud and clear.

Hi Willy,

Thanks for your reply!
I'm glad to hear the feature request got through.

Can you tell me if there's any chance of re-implementing Scala support in Z3TA+ 2 anytime soon?
Seems like it would be an easy thing to do since the code is already there in the original Z3TA+ (we don't need anything fancy, hide it in an option menu no problem, as long as it's possible somehow).

Also, if the answer to the above question is no, does this mean there's no longer a will at Cakewalk for somewhat supporting microtuning in general (including future updates of other instruments etc)?
This would be very sad. There's no DAW on Windows that does anything for microtonalists while it's much needed (while Logic has done very good things in this direction for the Mac recently)

Kind regards,
Marcel
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account