2011/08/06 12:20:07
mgr2009
Hi,

I recently upgraded from Dimension LE to Dimensio Pro, and installed Dimension Pro 64 Bit onw Windows 7 64 BitSonar X1 Studio.  After that when somepatches are played , the system will hang both in standalone and VST.  Contacted Cakewalk support , they asked me to re-install , but same issue. So I installed 32 bit version and it was working fine in standalone mode.  But now, when I load Dimension Pro from Sonar X1 as VST, I am getting Dimension LE instead of Dimension Pro. 
I tried re-scanning all VST's , but still the Synth insert menu is showing Dimension Pro but inserting Dimension LE 
Cakewalk support is extremely bad on support and not getting any help on this , they just want to sell the product and don't want to support.
Can anyone on this forum help me on how to resolve this.

All was working well till I installed Dimension Pro.

Thanks
J
2011/08/06 23:00:10
Mystic38
I dont think it is fair for you to be sniping at cakewalk.. as it is clear you have something fundamentally wrong with your machine if dimension pro 64 will not run correctly standalone ..

I will assume you accepted all defaults in the installation process... if not , do so. then i can suggest you look for a registry cleaner or something..

for operation within sonar.. I suggest you look in the vst folder ..afaik its c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins
and see what is there... if you cannot see the dimension pro.dll then it cant launch from x1
2011/08/07 13:32:11
mgr2009
Hi,

Whatever I mentyioned about Cakewalk supoort was not without a reason, I can show you the kind of support I receive.  I've bough several products and installed and has been working fine.   And before contacting support I make sure everything is fine in terms of installation , hardware/software.  My machine have nothing other than recording softwares and no need to do registry cleanup.

It is not fair from cakewalk either to make a customer come to the forum and beg for solutions when we paid for the product. After installing Dimension Pro as 32 bit, I see Dimension pro in VST instrumenst, but when I insert I get Dimension LE.  Checked the plugin manager, even though the path to the Dimension pro file is show correctly , when I clikc on plug-in propertes it is showing Dimension LE and its path to dll.  I am not sure from where it gets this path and it is not editable.

I have Studio instruments, Session drummer and varius other products from Cakewalk, I don't have any issue with those. Only Dimension Pro.

-Thanks

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account